Design Thinking in Education
EDL 571, Section 001 - Spring 2016 - University of Kentucky
Master the skill of changing lives in this fast-paced course
EDL 571 - Design Thinking in Education - 3 CR
Open to undergraduate and graduate students
Fills a requirement in the undergraduate leadership certificate and as an EDL elective!
- Develop prototypes that solve tough challenges in society
- Practice design thinking in a real-world context
- Learn the tenets of human-centered design
- Learn how to create hands-on prototypes
- Develop problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Recognize the potential impact of creative thinking, design thinking and innovation in the world
John Nash, Chief of Surprise and Delight
John is the founder of, and Chief of Surprise and Delight for, the dLab at UK. He's also an associate professor in educational leadership studies.
Guaranteed to be enlightening!
How the Course Works
Each week you will you will explore the main concepts of design thinking. Then you’ll be expected to meet in-person with your design team to get your hands dirty practicing the your human-centered design chops.
Throughout the course you’ll have the opportunity to interact and gain inspiration from other students in the course and ask questions of the faculty and other experienced folks.