Gator Family Newsletter
September 19 - September 23
Grand Gators Day
Thank you to PTA for organizing such an amazing Grand Gators day. The campus was packed with Grand Gators. Our students had the opportunity to provide their Grand Gator a tour of the campus, interview them to create a beautiful keepsake, and then get their picture taken. It was so nice to see everyone back on campus.
School Site Council Nominations
We Need Your Help
Running Club Updates
The first set of prizes will be going out this week.
Remember, if you lose your scan card, you can get a replacement card on Mondays. In the meantime, you can still join us for running club.
Running Club REWARDS and eligibility:
Each student is eligible to receive the following rewards based on their tracked mileage milestones – (another reason to remember their badge every day):
- 1 Foot Charm = 10 miles
- Ribbon and Popsicle*= 25 miles
- Marathon Medal = 26.2 miles
- Ribbons for each mileage milestone = 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175 & beyond miles
- Off-Site Field Trip June 2023 (location TBA) = 150+ miles by 5/25/23
- Participation Certificates = all students that ran any mileage will be awarded a certificate
*Popsicles will be distributed on the last Friday of each month, starting Sept. 30, 2022, to all qualifying students. A Running Club Volunteer will set up a table by the flag poles to pass out popsicles 10 minutes before the bell rings. Mileage Accumulation will be cut off the 2nd to last Friday. Sorry, no make-ups if the student is absent on popsicle day.
Federal Impact Aid Survey
Each year, the federal government asks schools to obtain information regarding their population. This information is used to determine the funding the school district and the individual schools will receive. These cards will be mailed home to everyone on or before October 5th. Please make sure we have your most current address. If you need to update your address, please email Aly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Running Club- Volunteers needed
Do you and your Gage Gator like Running Club?
- Do you love seeing your Gator active before learning time?
- Have you noticed how it may help your student focus easier in the classroom?
- Does your student love the challenge of competition with themselves or their peers?
- Do your kids love the social time before school?
- f you answered YES to any of these questions…please consider volunteering your time for 25 minutes 1-2 xs/month, in the morning, to keep our Running Club active!
This program used to be run by the PE teachers, but then…COVID hit. So, some PTA parent volunteers stepped up to get it back in motion. WE COULD ALWAYS use more help! If you are interested in helping, please send us an email email@example.com
- Thursday, September 29, 11:30 am to 8:00 pm: Dine Out Day/Night at Rubio's (Proceeds go to 5th Grade Committee)
- Wednesday, October 5, 6:30 pm: PTA Meeting in the auditorium and on ZOOM (Meeting ID 862 5732 8984, Passcode: Gators
PTA's first fundraiser of the year is coming on Tuesday, October 11! More information soon. Look for kickoff materials and pledge donation information the week of September 26. T-shirt size selection forms went home this week. Please return to the front office only if you need to change your student's size from what is listed on the form.
- October 22, 3:00pm to 6:00 pm: Fall Festival
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to help out!
Family Movie Night, September 23rd
Gates open at 5:00 pm, and food trucks and concessions will be available. Come set up your chairs, have dinner, and enjoy the evening! The theatrical selection, Minions: The Rise of Gru, will begin after sunset. This is a free event for our families.
Fifth Grade students & their chaperones, please sign up to sell concessions at Movie Night.
Also, PTA needs a couple of adults to come early to help set up the audio/video and make sure everything is working properly. Please email email@example.com if you can help with the tech!
On-Site COVID Testing
Back To School Night
Let's Keep Our Community Safe
Please DO NOT
- Let children out of your car and have them run across the street. They should always cross at a crosswalk.
- Block the driveway of our neighbors
- Get out of your car while in the loading zone. If you want to walk onto campus, you will need to find street parking.
- Park in the staff parking lot, these spots are reserved for staff members
September 23 Movie Night, 6:00 p.m.
September 28 District B (our district) School board candidate forum. See link for details.
September 29 Back to School Night, 5:30-7:00 p.m. location TBD
September 29 Dining at Rubio's, 11:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
September 30 Coffee and Tea with Administrators @ 9:00 a.m. via zoom
September 30: ELAC @ 10:00 a.m. via ZOOM (Zoom ID: 211 557 0872)
October 5: PTA Meeting, 6:30, auditorium and ZOOM (ID: 862 5732 8984, Passcode: Gators)
October 11: Jog-A-Thon
October 22: Fall Festival 3:00-6:00 p.m.