WELCOME TO THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR!
July 20th, 2021
Dear New and Returning Stonegate Families,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! For those of you that we have not yet had the privilege to meet, our names are Connie Largent and Martha Farley. We are honored to serve this community as the principal and assistant principal of Stonegate Elementary. We hope this message finds you savoring what remains of summer and making memories that will warm your heart and mind long after the heat has ended. At school, we are eagerly anticipating the arrival of our students! The halls have been quiet for too long, and we look forward to another amazing school year full of learning and fun!
This newsletter contains valuable information for all families. We hope you will find it helpful as you prepare for your child(ren) to return to school on Tuesday, August 3rd. After this newsletter, there will be two more newsletters with further information and reminders. Be on the lookout as you check your emails!
With much respect,
Mrs. Connie Largent (principal)
Mrs. Martha Farley (assistant principal)
Important Beginning of the Year Dates and Events
Friday, July 23rd
- Late Afternoon - Teacher assignment emails sent
Monday, July 26th
- 5:00-6:00 PM - UP + 1st-4th Grade New Family Welcome Night
- This event is for new Preschool and 1st-4th Grade Stonegate Families. It is a great opportunity to learn more about Stonegate. New families should have received a separate email invitation.
Thursday, July 29th
- 5:00-6:30 PM - Kindergarten Strong Start Meet the Teacher Night
- As we continue our Strong Start programming for the Class of 2034, we look forward to welcoming our kindergarten students and their families on their own special night. Kindergarteners will have the opportunity to drop off supplies, meet their teacher, and tour the building during this event. Expect more information in a separate email soon.
Friday, July 30th
- 5:00-7:00 PM - Pre School + 1st-4th Grade Meet the Teacher Night.
Please join us in order to reconnect with classmates and visit your classroom. During this time, your family can drop off supplies, meet teachers, and get your last few questions answered. While we recognize that this may not work for every family's schedule, we are recommending the following times:
Last Name: A - F --> 5:00-5:30 PM
Last Name: G - L --> 5:30-6:00 PM
Last Name: M - R --> 6:00-6:30 PM
Last Name: S - Z --> 6:30-7:00 PM
This is to help with parking and traffic flow. Please note that wearing a mask indoors is strongly recommended for individuals not fully vaccinated until further notice, as per CDC recommendation.
Monday, August 2nd
- No School . . . enjoy this last day of summer!
Tuesday, August 3rd
- First Day of School (full day)
- An additional newsletter will be coming soon about the First Day of School, including arrival and dismissal information!
Thursday, August 19th
- 5:30-8:00 PM - K-4th Grade Curriculum Night
- This event will be held in-person and in the teacher's classroom. Each classroom teacher will present a half hour session highlighting the curriculum, events, and expectations for the year ahead. Each grade level has a designated time, expect more information closer to the date. You will also be able to visit informational booths from various district and community organizations.
COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies and Protocols
Copied from Dr. Robison's email sent on Wednesday, July 14, 2021.
A recommendation about masks and other return to school CoVID-19 protocols was passed by the Board of Trustees on Monday evening. In brief, it states:
- All CoVID-19 decisions are subject to change.
- In school mitigations of hand washing, disinfecting, and enhanced HVAC circulation will continue until further notice.
- All forms of school transportation require mask wearing until further notice. (This is a federal regulation.)
- Wearing a mask indoors is strongly recommended for individuals not fully vaccinated until further notice, as per CDC recommendation.
- ZCS will not require vaccination for staff or students unless otherwise noticed.
- ZCS may require proof of vaccination status for school visitors.
- ZCS will continue to report on C-19 positives and close contacts until further notice.
- School events/sports can proceed without limitations unless otherwise noticed.
- The Superintendent may alter protocols if conditions change. Processes will be reviewed at the next Board meeting.
- If school is mandated to close for any reason, the Board reserves the right to revisit all re-start protocols.
- ZCS will not seek to know vaccination status for students or staff unless they are involved in contact tracing of a CoVID-19 positive case.
- Parents should keep ill children at home and report CoVID-19 symptoms and positive test results to the child’s school.
Before and After School Options
School transportation is available for the 2021-2022 school year and routes will be at maximum capacity. We will likely have 2-3 students per seat. Students utilizing bus transportation for school, field trips, and athletic events will be required to wear a mask in accordance with current federal requirements for public transportation.
GROW/ Child Care Options
Bridge and Early Start Spanish are optional, fee based programs that “bridge” the time between the 7:50-8:00 arrival time for 1st-4th grade students, and the start of the instructional day for Kindergarten students, which is 8:50-9:00.
Before and After-School Care (BAC) is available for all Union students. Before school care begins at 6:45am and After school extends childcare from 2:30 to 6:00pm.
Eagle Rec offers fee based programs in a variety of interest areas, which typically start after school has already begun.
You can find additional information by clicking this link!
Helpful Additional Information
The ZCS HR Department is currently hiring for the following positions: Food Service Associates, Instructional Assistants, Paraprofessionals, Bus Drivers, & Bus Aides. Information about these positions as well as in-person interviews will be offered at the following locations and times during Back-to-School Days. You can also view all positions by clicking this link!
Monday, July 26
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm at Zionsville West Middle School
- 12:30 pm-4:00 pm at Zionsville Middle School
Tuesday, July 27
- 10:00 am – 3:00 pm at Zionsville Community High School
- 10:00 am – 3:00 pm at Zionsville West Middle School
- 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm at Zionsville Middle School