The Digital Dragon Digest!
Dragon Virtual Academy
Supply Pick Up THIS WEEKEND - This pick up is in place the of the pick up from last weekend. This folder will have all the papers needed for the next 2 weeks.
Supply Pick Up Next Weekend - There will also be a supply pick up next weekend, March 5-7. This will only be for those staying DVA after Spring Break.
March 12 - This is a half day. There will be no live zooms after our writing zoom that day; however there will be seesaw activities to complete.
Spring Break - March 15-19
Instructional Platform Change for the Last Quarter
SUPPLY PICK - THIS WEEKEND!
- The boxes will be placed outside by the end of the school day on Friday, February 26, and will be picked up Monday, March 1.
- Inside the box, there is a clear envelope with your child's name on it. These are all the papers he/she will need for the next 2 weeks. Please put these in your child's red folder.
- Please come by the school some time over the weekend to get this folder.
- Please hold onto this clear folder to bring back at our next supply pick up.
- Please place the Star Student writing papers in the clear envelope to be returned at the next drop off at the next supply drop.
- Also, please keep in mind that these items may be touched my multiple people, so please use sanitizer before opening the box and again after opening.
- Please ensure the box is closed completely before you leave to protect the items from weather and critters.
- Thank you so much!
*****This pick up will have the supplies needed for the next two weeks until Spring Break. There will be another supply pick up next weekend, March 5-7 for those who are remaining DVA for the 4th nine weeks.+++++
DIBELS Letter Included in Your Supply Pick Up
WIN Schedule this week!
Green - Group - Mrs. Edmiston's Reading Club
Purple Group - Mrs. Robinson's Math Club
Purple & Green Group - Meet your Teacher for a Small Group Activity
Blue Group - Mrs. Edmiston's Reading Club
Blue Group - Meet your teacher for a Small Group Activity
Weeks 1 & 2
Friday - Dance Party & Directed Drawing at 1:40
This is your last chance to order the
JES 20-21 yearbook. Deadline is
Sunday, February 28th . Order now, there
may not be an extras. Click here to order.
Please contact Beth Alexander or Heather
Groeneveld with questions. email them to your child's teacher!
Box Tops for Education App
DVA Etiquette Reminders
Please reiterate these rules with your child about our Zoom Etiquette.
1. Keep toys and distractions put away during our live zoom meetings..
2. Save snacks for asynchronous times.
3. Please use the restroom before our live zoom meetings.
4. Please stay muted during lessons. The interrupting and background noise makes it hard to hear when anyone is talking.
5. Please be on time to our meetings so your child won't miss out.
Our Daily Schedule
8:55-9:10 Phonics: The students will have a phonics activity to complete and turn in on seesaw.
9:10-9:25 Recess Break
9:25: Log on to Zoom - The students will have a live writing lesson followed by an independent activity to complete and turn in on seesaw.
10:15-11:00 Encore - Log on to the appropriate teacher's seesaw page for an independent activity.
11:00-11:15 Independent Reading - Find a comfortable, quiet spot to read independently.
11:15-12:15 Lunch & Recess
12:15 Log on to Zoom for a Math Lesson followed by an independent activity to complete and turn in on seesaw.
1:05-1:35 Science or Social Studies - Log on to seesaw to complete and turn in a science OR social studies lesson for the day.
1:40-2:40 WIN Time - Your child's teacher will meet individually or in small groups with students. Not all students will have synchronous time every day during this time. If your child does not have synchronous time, please have your child do activities such as: art, blocks, legos, puzzles, playdough, board games, write a story, etc.
2:25-2:40 OPTIONAL ZOOM TIME CLOSURE - This is optional for those that want to come say good bye for the day or ask any last minute questions!
2:45-3:00 Handwriting OR Grammar - Log on to seesaw to complete and turn in a handwriting or grammar activity independently.
Every day, there will be at least 6 seesaw activities for your child to complete. These will be released on seesaw at 8:00 in the morning on the day we will be completing that activity. Please do not work ahead. We will direct the students which activities to do each time.The seesaw activities will be:
- 1. Reading
- 2. Phonics
- 3. Writing
- 4. Math
- 5. Science OR Social Studies
- 6. Handwriting OR Grammar
We may have additional activities, but we will let you know if we do.
Encore Rotation - Be sure to complete the activity for the appropriate Encore each day.
The week of March 1
- Monday - Encore Day 5
- Tuesday - Encore Day 6
- Wednesday - Encore Day 7
- Thursday - Encore Day 1
- Friday - Encore Day 2
Mrs. Robinson's Class:
- Day 1 - PE
- Day 2 - Computer Lab
- Day 3 - Art
- Day 4 - Music
- Day 5 - PE
- Day 6 - Science
- Day 7 - PE
Mrs. Edmiston's Class:
- Day 1 - Science
- Day 2 - Music
- Day 3 - PE
- Day 4 - Computer Lab
- Day 5 - Art
- Day 6 - PE
- Day 7 - PE