Tech Time Newsletter
November 17, 2015
- Kindergarten will continue to explore software and websites.
- First grade practiced typing and will use iPads to label computer parts.
- Second grade will finish research and use Paint to label and color a map.
- Third grade will watch their weather reports and review Smart Art in Word.
- Fourth grade will publish their Thinglinks on a natural disaster.
- Fifth grade will continue their Weebly with a publish date after Thanksgiving.
TenMarks: A Math program that's for Apple and PC users
TenMarks is a Math program that can be used on the iPad and laptops. Several teachers in the district are currently using it in a variety of ways:
Reinforce to improve outcomes.
Differentiate for every need.
Engage and motivate students.
iPad User Group recap
Puffin Academy is an App found in the Self Serve section of the iPad. With iPad and tablets, students from K-12 can easily access educational resources on the Internet. However, many great interactive websites are developed with Adobe Flash, which is not playable on most mobile devices. Puffin Academy is a web browser where you can store educational sites like ABCYA or Starfall. Puffin Academy always enforces site filtering by only allowing white listed educational websites.
- Teachers Pay Teachers has many free QR Codes that teachers have created for you to use in your classroom. There is a sample of the coolness below. These could be used in centers during Daily 5 with a small number of iPads.
- There are many teachers using the iPads for some awesome lessons and centers in their classrooms. And there is some frustration with getting a foundation in place to support Apple products. Julie Maurer, my hero, is working tirelessly to answer all of our questions. If you have questions, be sure and let me know, I will try and answer them or find an answer.