CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Friday, September 29th
Principal's Notes and Highlights
It was great to be back at work this week. I enjoyed my time at home, but I missed the action and being around the students. I know our teachers are tired after the long days that come with parent-teacher conferences. I think everyone is ready for the weekend. We are primed for one more great week before Fall Break!
- Walk to School Day will be next Friday, October 5th. This is one of my favorite days of the year! We will meet at the Mill Race Park parking lot and walk to school starting at 7:30 a.m. You can drop students off between 7:00-7:25 a.m. Please review this map for directions. We always have a big crowd and will stop along the way for a group photo. Our Superintendent, Dr. Roberts, will be joining us this year!
- Water bottles went home earlier this week as a thank you for the hard work put in by students during the school fundraiser. Thank you for your support!
- Today we had our ten Principals for a Day on the job. They worked the car line, made announcements during Town Hall Meeting, went to lunch at Taku, and got to experience a "typical" day in my job. I've included a video with their experiences.
- Mr. Shipley's class was crowned the CSA Dodgeball Champions, but the real story was the return of Mr. Sterling as a guest official! Students were thrilled to see him and it made their day!
Have a great weekend!
CSA Dodgeball Champions
Updates and Announcements
- Note from our library: We wanted to send out a special thank you to all the students and parents who supported our Fall Book Fair with Viewpoint Books. Beth Stroh, from Viewpoint Books, has graciously chose to extend our Book Fair earning period into the weekend. Anyone who didn't get a chance to swing by the Book Fair will still have an opportunity to support our school. Just stop in Viewpoint Books this weekend, shop and mention CSA Lincoln at checkout and you will also be helping our school earn even more books to stock our classrooms and shelves with. Thank you for supporting literacy in our school and keep those pages turning!
Box Tops or Dimes Fall Contest!
Exciting news, you can now substitute dimes for Box Tops! (Flyers coming home next week or you can get it here) Since each Box Top is worth $.10 to the school, we will now be counting 1 dime for 1 Box Top. You or your child can submit your Box Tops and dimes with your child's teacher's name in the main office by Friday, October 26th. Contest starts the Monday, October 1st! The winning classroom will be awarded a special treat!
Fall Break - 10/8/18 - 10/12/18
Box Tops or Dimes Fall Contest - 10/1/18 - 10/26/18
PTO Meeting - 10/18/18
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley