Newsletter-Dec. 7-11, 2015
Please visit my webpage for more information-
Look under the NEWSLETTER tab to find "view" or "downloads" of the spelling word list, the spelling dictation sentences, the xtra math pins, and the RAZ kids login cards.
For xtra math website, students use my email: email@example.com, then use the pin number from the download.
A note from Mrs. Wells
Winter Festival is this Friday. Hope everyone can come and support our PTA! Speaking of PTA, we planted wildflowers on school grounds Friday during recess thanks to their support. This spring we will see the results of "The Stomp!"
Also, I am encouraging students to take advantage of the morning homework help in our library. They have access to the help of our interventionist teachers on campus and technology to help them meet the required minutes of RAZ, Prodigy, and Xtra Math. A perfect solution if technology is not available at home.
1. 45 minutes of Prodigy Game-the math assignments we added this week include:
*Add and subtract fraction word problems (common denominator)
* Perimeter word problems
*Compare fractions with same numerator/denominator
3. Students need to also spend 15 minutes practice facts using the site xtramath.com
This site automatically raises students' levels as they progress through the program.
1. RAZ Kids-students need to spend at least 45 minutes reading and taking a quiz from their book room.
2. Please encourage students to curl up with a book and read at least 15 minutes each night. Research shows students who read are the most successful in school.
3 Assignments for Spelling this week!
Spelling Words (Unit 13) are focused on the spelling homophones. Students have 2 worksheets as downloads to practice homophones. If they need a hard copy, they will be available at school on Monday. Also, students may open the download and write answers on notebook paper.
Spelling words and sentence dictation are downloads on my website.
1. Students need to write the sentence dictation on notebook paper practicing neat handwriting as a homework assignment. We will feature 5 students who exhibit nice handwriting. Students may use manuscript or cursive.
Students learned about the water cycle and moon phases this week. Look for completed work in their Wednesday folders.