December 13th, 2015 - Issue #15
Looking Ahead . . . .
Monday - December 14th
- Art @ RV - C Day
- Amber Out Sick
- 3:00 p.m. School Board Meeting @ Admin
- 3:30 PBiS Meeting
- 4:15 Child Protection Team Advisory Council
Tuesday - December 15th
- Art @ RV - D Day
- 3:30 - 4:45 p.m. Staff Meetings all schools
- 5:30 DAC meeting at Admin
- Instructional Rounds - Writing Part 1 - we will begin by ensuring all learning targets are complete, and then move on to parallel learning sections including which kids are receiving specific classroom/extra interventions - please have your pre/post assessment and matrices data available. See this link on Student Centered Coaching: https://goo.gl/m5OG93
Wednesday - December 16th
- PENGUIN PATCH in the Library
- 10:00 - 1:00 Elementary Principal Collaboration
- 2:15 p.m. RV CST
- 4:00 p.m. New Teacher Induction
- 6:00 p.m. Maybell Christmas Choir
Thursday - December 17th
- JEANS DAYS for Power Walks
- PENGUIN PATCH in the Library
- 9:00 a.m. Counselor Collaboration
- Observations and Mid-year's All day
- 2:00 - Proctor Training for ACCESS (Sara and Tonia)
- 2:30 p.m. - School Choir Concert
- 6:30 p.m. - RV Choir Concert (community performance)
Friday - December 18th
- Jean Friday - please pay Cyndee for your donation to the Moffat County Cancer Society
- 2:30 p.m. District Level Collaboration @ Admin - i3Seed Grant Informational Meeting
With the holiday parties right around the corner, I have been asked to make sure that no one is "cooking" in classrooms. If you have a question about this, please come see Amber for clarification.
I hope everyone enjoyed the Live Well chefs last week. We found out that all schools will get to enjoy Live Well chefs in the Spring, at least one more time! I am VERY excited about this and will let you know when the dates firm up a bit
Every Child Succeeds Act (ESSA) will replace No Child Left Behind law known as ESEA.
Our Mid-year conversations are due before we leave for Christmas Break. Can you believe how fast the time goes by!!
I am hoping that all of you will begin to schedule a 30 minute time slot with me on the Ridgeview Elementary - Staff Only calendar.
The following will be what this time looks like:
(10 minutes) Review of Professional Growth Plan and report or bring evidence of progress on your work toward achieving your goal(s). Questions I might ask include:
- How are you progressing toward completion of the action steps in your plan?Any barriers?
- What additional resources do you need to successfully accomplish your action steps?
(10 minutes) Evaluator's Rubric Completion to Date
As I have been looking through the Teacher's Rubric, there are many items that I feel can be marked as a result of our co-planning cycles and the walkthroughs/observations that we have done together this year.
Zack and I have been working through the rubric together as part of my own coaching, and I have a deeper understanding of many of the elements/professional practices, which hopefully we will all get a chance to discuss individually (but later in the Spring).
(10 minutes) Progress toward SLOs
- Check to be sure you have a clear understanding of your collaborative SLO/MSL.
- How are your students progressing toward the SLOs? How do you know?
- Which students are struggling or exceeding expectations?
- What additional resources do you need as you work to achieve your SLO?
I always enjoy these dialogues and our time together. I will try to be as efficient as possible in our time!
This is a resource that was shared by CDE. Check it out! Great for teachers and parents to help students improve skills.
Performance Level Descriptors by Grade
- Level 1: Did not yet meet expectations
- Level 2: Partially met expectations
- Level 3: Approached expectations
- Level 4: Met expectations
- Level 5: Exceeded expectations
Performance level descriptors (PLDs) indicate what a typical student at each level should be able to demonstrate based on his/her command of grade-level standards. In English language arts (ELA)/literacy, the PLDs at each grade level are written for the two assessment claims of reading and writing.
For more information and specific grade level performance level descriptors please visit:
January In-Service Planning
Thank You for doing Power Walks!
i3Seed Grant Teacher Learning Communities
The registration deadline for an extended professional development opportunity is drawing near. The i3 SEED Team would like to invite you to join one of three Teacher Learning Communities (TLC):
Teacher Learning Communities are committed to leveraging professional growth through learning opportunities that integrate focused in-depth learning, individualized action research, and intentional collaboration with regional peers. If interested, please click on the TLC topic of your choice to be directed to the sign-up page.
The registration deadline is being extended for all MCSD educators as our informational meeting is this upcoming Friday at Admin. If you have any questions about participating in a TLC, do not hesitate to contact me.
Have a wonderful day,
i3 SEED Innovation Coach
Northwest Colorado BOCES
work: 970-879-0391 ext. 310