2021-2022 - Friday, October 1, 2021
From the Principal:
Our first grading period ends this Thursday. Students and families will enjoy a four day weekend starting Friday, October 8th. Report Cards will be available in Parent Access (PAC) by Friday, October 15th.
Dr. Null's You Tube live visit on Thursday, September 30th is posted below. Collins leaders will spend the next few days to formalize our level 3 Covid protocols in regards to volunteers and visitors in our building. We will communicate the updates by the end of the week with a start date of Tuesday, October 11th.
Wishing you a joyful upcoming weekend,
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- Students are considered tardy if not in classroom seat by the 8:50 tardy bell
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:30 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:30 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:35 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Monday, October 4th
- PTO Meeting 1:15 PM
Wednesday, October 6th
- PTO Spirit Night - Torchy's Tacos
Thursday, October 7th
- End of First Grading Period
Friday, October 8th and Monday, October 11th
- Student Holiday
Thursday, October 28th
- Class Pictures & Yearbook Picture Make-Up/Re-Take
Monday, November 22nd - Friday, November 26th
- Thanksgiving Break
Friday, December 17th
- Student Early Dismissal
- Last Day of Second Grading Period
Monday, December 20th - Tuesday, January 4th
- Winter Break
October Spirit Night
Montgomery County Foodbank - Food Drive Results
We are excited to share that our school is contributing approximately 1570 food items to the foodbank.
Our top three learning community contributors:
LC 5-3 204 items
LC 5-5 250 items
LC 5-1 295 items
Referral requests are now open for the Conroe Independent School District Gifted and Talented program. Although the testing will not take place until late January, referral requests are accepted at this time. Referral requests can be made by the parents and/or campus staff. If you are interested in referring your child, you are welcome to discuss this with your child’s LC teachers. Referrals will be accepted through December 17, 2021.
CLICK HERE to access the referral. Please place the completed referral in an envelope to the attention of Amanda Cucinotta and have your student turn it into the front office.
Nurse Kendall Update
Cold and Flu Season are upon us! Remember to keep washing your hands and stay home when you are sick. The ONLY difference between flu and Covid symptoms is loss of taste and smell with Covid. Please notify us if you are keeping your student home for Covid or flu and if your child is Covid positive, please do the self-report on your child’s SSO/Covid Central.
Remember if a person in your household tested positive for Covid-19, your student needs to quarantine for 10 days, unless he/she has been vaccinated or we have documentation of a past Covid infection. Please contact me if you have any questions and contact the school if you are quarantining so that your child’s absences will be excused.
The Mayo Clinic has an interesting article that outlines the differences between Covid-19, allergies, and flu
COVID-19 Positive Self-Report
The parents now can self-report their students' Covid positives. We ask that you please self-report your child's positive Covid tests.
The process is:
- Sign on to student's SSO
- Click on Covid Central
- Click on Self Report
- Enter information
- The app will generate a return to school date through an email
- The app will email the school nurse and will let the nurse know that the parent requested contact from the nurse if the parent requested contact
PTO Membership and School Spirit Shirts
Go to www.collinsmembershiptoolkit.com and join the PTO today! By joining the PTO you will gain access to our secure online directory as well as be “in the know with PTO.” Have you purchased your spirit wear yet? Order today so your child can show their Cobra Pride!
In addition to our 2021-2022 spiritwear shirts (shown above), we now have “vintage” spirit wear available to purchase on the webstore! You don’t want to miss out on some great deals!
Yearbooks on Sale NOW!
Calling all PTO Volunteers!
Calling all Volunteers! Fill out the google form using the link below to let the PTO know your availability and areas of interest.
Wednesday, January 5th
- First Day of the Second Semester
Monday, January 17th
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - School Holiday
Thursday, January 28th
- Club and Group Picture Day
- Spring Individual Picture Day
Friday, February 18th - Monday, February 21st
- Student Holiday (President's Day 2/21/22)
Thursday, March 10th
- End of Third Grading Period
Friday, March 11th - Friday, March 18th
- Spring Break
Friday, April 15th - Monday, April 18th
- School Holiday
Tuesday, May 10th
- 6th STAAR Math
- 5th STAAR Math Retest
Wednesday, May 11th
- 6th STAAR Reading
- 5th STAAR Reading Retest
Thursday, May 12th
- 5th STAAR Science
- 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Friday, May 13th
- 5th and 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Thursday, May 26th
- Last Day of School - Student Early Dismissal
- End of Fourth Grading Period
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.