The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
March 2nd, 2018
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
I hope everyone is inside and staying warm during this snow storm. I would like to thank our staff for organizing a coordinated dismissal this afternoon, allowing our students to stay inside the building until the busses arrived. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- SPRING SPORTS BEGIN: Mr. Kmiec has shared information about the start of Spring Sports and tryouts. Please see the link HERE for detailed information.
- ATTENTION 8th Grade GIRLS: Please join the South Brunswick Women's Commission for their annual Women's Leadership Conference. All 8th Grade students are welcome to attend this wonderful event to learn about their future, network with women in the industry of her choice, and gain inspiration! Please CLICK HERE for the link.
- SPRING CONFERENCES: Our spring conference scheduling will begin this week. We will be using GENESIS to schedule, rather than Pick-A-Time. This session will be open for a smaller amount of "must have" conferences. A separate memo will be emailed early in the week with detailed information on how to best use our new system.
- ATTENDANCE REMINDERS: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- UPDATED SCHOOL CALENDAR: Due to the recent weather-related emergency school closings, schools will be in session on May 25 and May 29, 2018. (Please note: In the event of the need for a 3rd make-up day, April 2 is reserved as such.)
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students has left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. **Bus passes can be checked for boarding.** Thank you for your understanding.
- 3/5 - BOE Meeting 7pm @ NORTH
- 3/7 - Vocal Ensemble Rehearsal @ SBHS
- 3/8 - Evening Wind Ensemble Rehearsal @ SOUTH
- 3/13 - ONE BOOK CROSSROADS Event (After school) @ SOUTH
- 3/13 - PTO Meeting 7pm @ SOUTH
- 3/14 - District Music Festival 7pm @ SBHS
- 3/16 - "Soup"er Night for Jazz 6pm @ SOUTH
- 3/17 - Women's Leadership Conference @ SBHS
- 3/19 - BOE Meeting 7pm @ NORTH
- 3/20 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Conferences
- 3/21 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Conferences (LATE NIGHT)
- 3/22 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Conferences
- 3/23 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Conferences