Petals of Wisdom
VOL. 3, Issue 6 - September 23, 2016
Weekly enlightment from your Mentors--Betty Jo and Keri
Fluffing your Leaves--Celebrations/Recognitions!
KUDOS to all of those who
- attended the Probationary Teacher Professional Development on September 20th--we had 22 Teachers in attendance!
- have submitted Emergency Lesson Plans to Mrs. McKay.
- have completed the online safe schools training modules due by September 30th.
- are using RAMS Prides to encourage and reinforce the Culture Framework Expectations!
Cultivating Your Knowledge--Reminders/Important Info!
General Management reminders:
ALL students leaving class MUST have a dated/signed pass to their destination.
Students may not be sent to areas in pods, computer labs or hallways to work without adult supervision--please note that on substitute lesson plans.
Progress Reports will be distributed on 9/28. Be sure to read Maria Batory's email carefully for details. If you need assistance, please see your mentor.
- Emergency Plans: Three plans are due to Mrs. McKay by September 30, 2016. Click on the RED box labeled Mentor Site on sharepoint for planning templates.
- Area Events: If you are new to the area, click on the RED box at the bottom to find some cool local happenings and places to see!
Organizing Your Growth--Upcoming IMPORTANT events!
9/26 All grades updated by 4 p.m.
9/27 Department meetings-3:05
9/28 Progress Reports Distributed
9/29 PLC/Content Meetings in PDC
9/30 Emergency Lesson Plans due to Mrs. McKay and SAFE SCHOOLS training modules due
10/3 Rosh Hashanah - Schools and Offices Closed
10/4 Faculty meeting
10/5 Parent Conference Night
10/7 Edline update and RAMS First Friday
Professional Development Opportunity
Win-Win Conversations with Students (Video Below)
As you view the video, consider:
- What are the differences in the two scenes in the way the teacher and student interact and REACT?
- In the second scene, what does the teacher know about the student that helps in discussing the incident and resolving the issue?
- What do you know about those "difficult" students that might aid you in resolving issues?
Modules must be completed by September 30th. Your Employee ID number is your username.
ePrint will copy, collate, hole punch, and even staple your documents and deliver them to EMS through the courier for free! Documents can be uploaded electronically or sent via the courier. Orders are typically processed and received in 1-2 weeks.
Here is the suggested Instructional Planning Template for HCPS. Also located here is the Substitute Planning Template.