The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
May 6th, 2018
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
Spring Fever has started to set in! While the warmer weather feels so incredibly nice (especially after this past winter), it is also important to note that school is still in full session and there is important learning still taking place. This past week, we hosted our SPRING TUNE-UP sessions for all units. We met with students to remind them of our rules and expectations. We thank you for your support at home!
This week is TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK! We have several treats planned for our teachers this week, including a lovely lunch sponsored by our PTO! However, on MONDAY - please have your child write small thank you notes to his/her teachers to show their appreciation. We also ask you to consider writing an email to say thank you! I know it will make their day!
- PARCC CALENDAR: This week marks the start of PARCC for our 7th grade students. Please read the letter I sent for reminders and details. Also, Congratulations to our 6th & 8th grade students for completing PARCC ELA & MATH.
- 8th GRADE SCIENCE - NJSLA: Our 8th Grade Students will be taking a "PARCC-like" version of the annual Science Assessment this year. The testing dates are Monday, May 21st and May 22nd.
- FLASH SALE: 8th Grade Shirts are STILL AVAILABLE: Please check the FRIDAY FOLDER for the link to order these shirts.
- CONGRATULATIONS TO MRS. DUVELSDORF & CROSSROADS STUDENTS: Each year, The Coalition for Healthy Communities hosts an "Annual Be Smart About Medicine" creative expression contest. There were a total of 10 Middle Schools participating. Crossroads South won all three places. We are so proud of Miranda G. - 1st place, Anjali S. - 2nd place & Adit S. - 3rd place!
- TOUR de SOUTH BRUNSWICK: The Education Foundation of South Brunswick has announced that registration is now open for the annual biking event on June 10th. Please register here: http://www.edfoundationsb.org and be sure to mark CROSSROADS SOUTH as your home school.
- DRESS CODE REMINDERS: As the weather gets warmer, please remember that all students must have appropriate clothing for school. Any students in violation of our dress code will be asked to change into a t-shirt or other clothes from our school nurse.
- SPRING SPORTS: Congratulations to our spring sports teams for a great start to this season! We are excited for the awesome representation from our school! Go VIKINGS!
- ATTENDANCE REMINDERS: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students has left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. **Bus passes can be checked for boarding.** Thank you for your understanding.
- 5/7 - 7th Grade PARCC
- 5/7 - BOE Meeting
- 5/8 - 7th Grade PARCC
- 5/8 - Wind Ensemble Rehearsal (PM)
- 5/9 - 7th Grade PARCC
- 5/9 - PTO Meeting @ Crossroads South
- 5/10 - 7th Grade PARCC
- 5/10 - 8th Grade Gettysburg
- 5/11 - 7th Grade PARCC
- 5/11 - 8th Grade Gettysburg
- 5/14 - 7th Grade PARCC
- 5/15 - SPRING CONCERT - Choir @ SBHS
- 5/16 - 6th Grade Trip
- 5/16 - SPRING CONCERT - Band @ SBHS
- 5/17 - SPRING CONCERT - Orchestra @ XRDSOUTH
- 5/18 - Middle School GMC Track & Field Event @ SOUTH
- 5/21 - 8th Grade NJSLA SCIENCE ASSESSMENT
- 5/21 - BOGO Book Fair
- 5/21 - BOE Meeting @ 7pm
- 5/22 - 8th Grade NJSLA SCIENCE ASSESSMENT
- 5/22 - BOGO Book Fair
- 5/23 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - SCHOOL PLANNING
- 5/23 - BOGO Book Fair
- 5/24 - BOGO Book Fair
- 5/25 - Challenge 24 School Competition
- 5/28 - NO SCHOOL - MEMORIAL DAY
- 5/30 - Vocal Ensemble Performs at Rutgers University
- 5/30 - Author Visit
- 6/1 - HERSHEY MUSIC TRIP
- 6/2 - HERSHEY MUSIC TRIP
- 6/4 - BOE Meeting @ 7pm
- 6/5 - PTO Meeting @ North
- 6/7 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - SCHOOL PLANNING
- 6/8 - Police Torch Run for Special Olympics
- 6/8 - 8th Grade Semi-Formal @ SBHS
- 6/11 - PATTERNS ASSEMBLY
- 6/12 - Algebra Final
- 6/13 - Geometry Final
- 6/14 - Incoming 5th Grade Orientation
- 6/15 - NO SCHOOL - Eid al-Fitr
- 6/18 - 8th Grade Trip
- 6/18 - PATTERNS Picnic
- 6/18 - BOE Meeting @ 7pm
- 6/19 - 8th Grade Picnic
- 6/20 - Recognition Practice
- 6/21 - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- 6/21 - 8th Grade Recognition - 6pm @ SBHS
- 6/22 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!