RES Library News
February - March 2016
Read Across America: Dr. Seuss Week
On "What Pet Wednesday", all students will be allowed to bring their favorite stuffed animal/ pet to school. Please encourage your students to join in the fun! I will send a memo home in Tuesday folders about this. ***I will place the red-striped hats from last year in your boxes for teachers to wear with a Dr. Seuss (or RES) t-shirt on Wednesday as well!
The PEP! Project is a local non-profit that teaches children to be responsible pet owners. They will be here at Wednesday, 3/2 at 9:00 am in the Cafeteria to help our ECSE, Pre-K, and Kindergarten students celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday. We will read with animal puppets, make crafts, enjoy snacks, and hopefully meet some real puppies! :)
FEELIN' GROOVY BOOK FAIR
Our spring Scholastic "Feelin' Groovy Book Fair" is coming soon!
SAVE THE DATE: Monday, March 14 - Friday, March 18, 2016
- Coin-a-Day Challenge: Homeroom that raises the most change will win a pizza party in the library and will see their teacher dance the disco on KRAM
- Tie Dye Tuesday: Students can wear a tie dye t-shirt and jeans on Tuesday, 3/15 with a $1.00 donation to the Library
- Throwback Thursday: Parents can join their students in the Cafeteria starting at 7:00 am to enjoy a light breakfast and shop the Book Fair before school starts
Winners of the 2016 Newbery Awards!
Newbery Honor Books: Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson [graphic novel], Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan, and The War that Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
The Newbery Medal winner is typically a fiction chapter book, so this picture book is a very different choice by the committee! All of these award-winning books have been ordered for the RES Library.
NEW LIBRARY BOOKS!
- The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don & Audrey Wood
- The Princess and the Pony by Kate Beaton
- The Day the Crayons Came Home by Drew Daywalt
- A Crankenstein Valentine by Samantha Berger
- What Pet Should I Get? by Dr. Seuss
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson
- Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Patterson [24-book classroom set]
- Stars of Women Soccer
- Texas Rangers
- I Survived: Nature Attacks!
- Who Was Jesse Owens?
- Steve Jobs
- Who Was Harriet Beecher Stowe?
- Annie Oakley: The Woman Who Never Missed a Shot
- Who Was Julia Child?
- Who Was Robert Ripley
- When I Grow Up: Sonia Sotomayor
- Salt in His Shoes: Michael Jordan in Pursuit of a Dream