May 13, 2020
Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce bingo ends tomorrow
On May 1, the Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce started a game of Small Business Bingo as an incentive designed to support local businesses. If you have achieved a horizontal or diagonal bingo, Thursday, May 14 is the last day to submit your card to the Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce for a chance to be entered into two drawings for $100 gift cards.
Winners will be announced on May 15.
If you are looking for an opportunity to recognize and celebrate healthcare workers, please join us on Friday, May 15 at 10 a.m. in the Baylor Scott & White - Sunnyvale hospital parking lot.
If you would like to participate, please park facing the hospital, remain in your vehicle and be mindful of social distancing.. Please ensure emergency entrances are not blocked.
Some ways to show your appreciation for our local healthcare workers include:
- Flashing your headlights
- Honking your horn
- Yell, cheer, or clap
- Display posters/signs out of the window of your vehicle
COVID-19 Business Incentive Program
The Town of Sunnyvale is still accepting applications for the COVID-19 Business Incentive Program.
This assistance program is designed to provide funding for small businesses to cover economic damages suffered as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes a business lease or mortgage payments, utility payments, payroll for employees still employed and working at the business and other business needs.
For the guidelines and to access the application, click the picture to the right. If you know of a business who might benefit from this program, please share this with them.
Please support the SISD Senior Drive
The Town of Sunnyvale is supporting Sunnyvale ISD's Senior Drive on May 23, at 10 a.m.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Senior Drive is taking the place of the traditional Senior Walk and it is also an opportunity for Sunnyvale residents to greet our seniors in honor of their graduation.
To honor the Class of 2020, you are encouraged to make signs/posters and line the streets to show your Raider spirit! More details, including the drive route, will be released later this month as we approach the event.
COVID-19 case count
The five additional deaths being reported today include:
- A woman in her 60’s who was a resident of the City of Dallas and had been critically ill in an area hospital.
- A man in his 60’s who was a resident of the City of Dallas and had been critically ill in an area hospital.
- A woman in her 60’s who was a resident of a long-term care facility in the City of Mesquite and had expired in an area hospital Emergency Department.
- A woman in her 70’s who was a resident of the City of Mesquite and had been critically ill in an area hospital.
- A man in his 70’s who was a resident of the City of Dallas and had been critically ill in an area hospital.
Please click this button to complete the US Census. They will ask for your ID, which is on materials they mailed to you. If you do not have this number, please use the option to enter your address.
Click here to register for more information from the Town of Sunnyvale.