Ms. Selegue's 3rd Grade Classroom
2015 August Newsletter
- All of the children to come in wanting and ready to learn
- To receive much feedback and involvement from parents
- Exploration in many topics each and every day
- Students to keep me aware of their needs and wants
- For the students to teach me as much as I teach them
- Paper towels
- Dry Erase markers
- Glue sticks/Liquid glue
- Notebook Paper
...or anything else you feel would be a good contribution to my classroom.
Rules for Homework
- Homework will be turned in each day by every student with no exceptions
- If a student is assigned homework and is absent the next day, the assignment is due the day they return
- Students who are absent the day an assignment is given, they will receive the assignment the day they come back and will have the same number of days they were absent to turn in the assignment
Consequences for Missing Homework
- Students will receive a 0 for missing homework
- Number of missing assignments will be recorded
- Will seek further information after a certain amount has been missed.
- The student is to copy their homework assignments in their daily planner
- Homework is to be kept in their homework folder
- Homework is to be completed each night the teacher assigns it and done at the best of the ability.
- Student must have the homework turned in the day it is due
- If you have any questions about the material on the homework, contact teacher before 9 p.m.
If you have any questions or concerns with this policy please feel free to let me know.
Always is subject to change
Throughout the year
When we begin our unit on Life Science, I am planning on having The Wilds come to the children and teach them, along with showing them many neat things about animals that are exotic to us.
Approx. Date: April
Books, books and more books!
This year we will be reading... A LOT! Be expecting many books brought home and many stories read to you before bed time. As the class we will be working on our reading skills and development.
In my classroom I will be incorporating technology in the classroom and allowing the children to use, create, invent, and explore all the things they can do with the types of technology that is out there.
Approx. Date: April