BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE DODEA STEALTH SCIENCES GRANT
Check out the following information for ...
- Events & Activities
- Resources for Families & Educators
- Volunteer Opportunities
Click on pictures and/or links for more information!
Events & Activities
After the 4th of July ceremony at 1:00 pm at Pioneer Park, head over to Gold Rush Town to join the 4th of July Children's Parade!
Want to participate?
Anyone that wants to feel like a kid again is welcomed to join at the Moore Street Gate at 2:30pm as the Fairbanks Red Hackle Pipe Band leads the parade through Gold Rush Town!
3 prizes will be awarded to the:
- Best 4th of July Themed Costume
- Most Creative 4th of July Themed Costume
- "Talk of Gold Rush Town" Award
Saturday, July 9, 2022
from 2:00-7:00 pm
Chena Lake Recreation Area
3780 Laurance Rd, North Pole, AK 99705
Come out to Chena Lake Recreation Area on Saturday, July 9th from 2-7 pm for the Chena Lake Art and Music Festival! This will be a fun afternoon with live music, delicious food, a Park Play Day with the Fairbanks Children’s Museum, artisans selling hand-made goods, and all the other things that make Chena Lake great!
Fun things to do at the festival:
Come play with the Fairbanks Children’s Museum! There will be outdoor games, bubbles, activities, and more all near the Chena Lake playground.
Cool off in the lake, rent a boat, or enjoy the beautiful trails!
Get a bite to eat and listen to some music!
- Serevende: 2:30 – 3:30 pm
- Paul & Jacque: 4:00 – 5:00 pm
- Cold Steel Band Orchestra: 5:30 – 6:30 pm
We still have a few vendor spots open! If you’re interested in participating as a vendor fill out the vendor registration form. Vendor registration deadline: Sunday, July 3 at 12 pm.
We also invite community partners to participate with info booths and activities! Please see this form for more information.
Volunteer with us at Chena Lake Art and Music Festival! We need volunteers to help with set-up, break-down, assisting vendors, and to help us at our info booth. Please see this form for more information.
This event is a partnership between Fairbanks Arts and Fairbanks North Star Borough Parks and Recreation. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or (907) 251-8386.
Students! Are you interested in the health career field? Want to be a doctor? Come walk with a Doc and ask your questions!
Summer Learning July 11th-15th!
DODEA Virtual High School Opportunity!
E2P2 program is for 9th-12th grade military dependents whose parent is on orders at Eielson AFB or Fort Wainwright
1. Take up to 2 credits with the DODEA Virtual High School for FREE! Check out this link: https://www.dodea.edu/dvs/e2p2.cfm
2. If you are interested in taking courses for the 2022-2023 school year, download, and fill out the application @ https://www.dodea.edu/dvs/e2p2.cfm
3. Fill out an Outside Credit form from the school district @ https://www.k12northstar.org/Page/8880
4. Have your parent sign the application and attach military orders.
5. Email your application package to DVS.Europe@dodea.edu
6. The DODEA Virtual High school staff will review your application and connect with you.
U.S. Department of Education Nationwide Call for Student Performing Artists
The U.S. Department of Education is seeking student performing artists (such as bands, choirs, color guards, dancers, drumlines, poets/spoken word artists, soloists, theatrical performers) currently enrolled in elementary, middle, or high schools, who exemplify resilience, diversity, and excellence and are interested in showcasing their talent. No formal training or experience is necessary.