The Right to Die (assisted suicide)
EQ- how could the Right to Die effect our society?
- alternative to suffering
- when pain gets unbarable you can die peacefuly
- makes life easier for the family
- die on your own terms
- vital organs can be saved & used to save others
- doctors & families will give up on recovery too quickly
- people nearing death will feel the right to die rather than burden their families
- doctors could be given too much power
- suicide is against religious beliefs
- poor, disabled, & mentally ill populations are at risk
EX- A nurse handed her terminall ill father a vial of narcotic morphine. After he drank it he became unconcious. He was revived, but died four days later. The daughter now faces murder charges.
The Right to Die would not have effect on our society. Assisted suicide helps people end their suffering so they will not be in pain anymore. As long as assisted suicide is only allowed for terminall ill, it will not effect our society.
Death and Dignity." America 24 Nov. 2014: 4. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 4 Dec. 2014
Introduction to The Right to Die: At Issue." The Right to Die. Ed. John Woodward. San Diego: Greenhaven Press, 2010. At Issue. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 4 Dec. 2014.
Introduction to The Right to Die: At Issue." The Right to Die. Ed. Tamara Thompson. Farmington Hills, MI: Greenhaven Press, 2014. At Issue. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 4 Dec. 2014.