Eastview Change to Hybrid Learning
February 3, 2021
At a Special School Board meeting on February 2 the plan for returning our secondary students to Hybrid Learning was approved. Beginning Monday, February 22, we will transition to a new hybrid model for our students. The schedule will change for all students on this day.
- Students in grades 9-11 and in Cohort A and B will resume in-person learning two days per week.
- Students in grade 12 will continue in distance learning in the new schedule until March 8 when grade 12 Cohort A and B students will resume in-person learning two days per week.
- Cohort C students (Digital Academy) will join their Cohort A and B peers with Zoom during classes at their scheduled time for each period.
Our hybrid model is different from what we followed in the fall. We learned a lot from that experience and our plan for this version of hybrid learning is improved and brings with it increased structure and routine for our students.
Our Wednesdays will continue to be asynchronous/independent learning days with opportunities for student support and interventions. Students are welcome to be at EVHS for support with food service and transportation available.
Please take time to familiarize yourself with the information provided here. Our dedicated teachers are ready to partner with you and work together to ensure your children, our students, have all the necessary supports to make this transition successful. If we have missed a detail to which you have a question, please let us know and we will get you the answer. Please know that there will be more information coming to you as it is developed.
- Wednesday, February 10: No school-teacher workshop (no change).
- Monday, February 15: No school-Presidents Day (no change).
- Tuesday, February 16: No school-learning model transition planning day for teachers.
- Wednesday, February 17: No school-learning model transition planning day for teachers.
- Thursday and Friday, February 18 & 19: Final days of 9am-1pm four-period day distance learning schedule.
- Monday, February 22: First day of new hybrid learning for grades 9-11. Grade 12 continues with Zoom distance learning with new hybrid schedule.
- Monday, March 8: First day of hybrid learning for grade 12 students.
- Cohort A includes students with last names beginning with A-K.
- Cohort B includes students with last names beginning with L-Z.
- Cohort C students with last names beginning A-K will join their peers in Cohort A with Zoom.
- Cohort C students with last names beginning L-Z will join their peers in Cohort B with Zoom.
All Students in Grades 9-12
- Beginning Monday, February 22 all students (A and B Cohort and Digital Academy) will follow the schedule shown below.
- All students will have learning on each school day of the week (generally 5 days a week including Wednesdays).
- Cohort A students will attend in-person classes at EVHS on Mondays and Thursdays beginning Monday, February 22.
- Cohort B students will attend in-person classes at EVHS on Tuesdays and Fridays beginning Tuesday, February 23.
- Digital Academy students and all students in grade 12 will follow this schedule and join our in-person classes with Zoom.
- Students will follow the schedule below beginning Monday, February 22 in distance learning remotely with Zoom.
- Cohort A and B students in grade 12 will begin in-person attendance for learning at EVHS on Monday, March 8 (Cohort A) or Tuesday, March 9 (Cohort B).
Why are we delaying senior students until March 8 to return to in-person hybrid learning?
Please let us know if you have a senior student who needs additional support or attention, and we will partner with you on a plan to support them. Please reach out to your student's counselor with any concerns.
During our Wednesdays, all students including seniors students, are welcome to be at Eastview for student support.
Hybrid Learning Schedule
Cohort Change Request Information
To determine your student’s currently assigned learning cohort, please follow the steps below:
- Log into Infinite Campus Portal (browser or app version)
- Click on DOCUMENTS in the menu on the left
- Then, click on FULL YEAR SCHEDULE
- Cohort will be listed at the bottom left of the schedule grid
The cohort listed will be the cohort your student will be assigned upon our return to hybrid learning.
- If this is your desired cohort, no action is necessary.
- If you wish to make a change request, please complete form linked in the button below.
- Please note that your request is not approved until confirmed by a school administrator.
Look for More Information Soon
- Health and Safety
- Attendance Update for Students on Asynchronous Days
- General Daily Schedule
- Before and After school expectations
- Parking Permits
- Student Lunch Schedule
To stop text messages, test "N' to 67587.