The P.E.P. Rally!
Pfaff Empowering Parents ~ Monthly Newsletter
SCHOOL'S IN SESSION!!!
Message From the Principal: Dr. Orathia Bradley
Greetings, Pfaff Families,
We've officially entered the autumn season and the school year is underway. Things are going smoothly thus far and everyone is getting used to their very new routines. We hope that the transition continues to get easier by the day and look forward to a successful school year for your child.
Next week, we will host our VIRTUAL BACK TO SCHOOL PARENT NIGHT on October 1st. This experience will give you a glimpse into your child's daily experiences as a hybrid or virtual learner. You can expect to receive a Google Meets invitation link from your child(ren)'s teacher next week to participate at the scheduled time. You will notice that the sessions are staggered to accommodate families with children in multiple grade levels.
We really need your help with some REMINDERS to help our school continue to function smoothly:
- Don’t forget that you are responsible for checking your child’s temperature daily. If your child(ren) has any possibly COVID-related symptoms, we ask that you keep the child home and contact our school nurses, Mrs. Daniels and Mrs. Nyce, at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or your child’s doctor.
- We are offering FREE Breakfast and Lunch daily to all students!!! No ID#s required. Free bagged breakfast is available in the lobby and students can order their free lunch during Lunch Count during homeroom.
- When on school grounds, please adhere to 5 MPH in the parking lot for everyone’s safety and do not pass other cars.
- During Car Line Drop-off/Pick-Up, please remain in your car.
- Be sure to send in an item for personal play during indoor and outdoor recess.
- Remember, electronic devices are not allowed at school for recess.
- Please be sure to return any library books that your child may have at home, including books taken out last spring.
- Please check your child’s bookbag for communications from the teacher.
- Don't forget to send in a personal book for your learner!
Finally, here are some Tips to Managing Virtual Stress! We are grateful for all that you do! Your partnership is paramount!
Your partner in education,
Dr. Orathia Bradley
Proud Pfaff Principal
Important News From the Nurse...
Keeping your Child(ren) Home From School
Each morning your child is attending in-person school, please screen them for COVID-19 symptoms listed below. If they have one symptom in Group A or two symptoms in Group B please keep them home and contact their doctor.
Are you/is the student experiencing any of the following symptoms on the chart pictured below.?
Returning to School...
Please note that in order to return to school, you must follow the guidance found in our Exclusion From and Return to School Guidelines https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zGaLntPUmbBa2MpStHtxaUzAzXaxlrG6jvGU20_ho58/edit
If you have any questions, please contact the nurses at 215-529-2854. Thank you for your cooperation!
PICTURE DAY IS OCTOBER 5TH (A) AND OCTOBER 8TH (B)! Virtual Students = TBD!
Coffee and Conversations with the Principal - JOIN US!!!
Thursday, Oct. 8th, 9:30-10:30am
This is an online event.
Use this Recurring Google Link: meet.google.com/fud-inwi-hzo
Band is starting!
The PFAFF PTO is awesome!!!
PTO Executive Committee
Co- Presidents: Jill Kelly McComsey & Jen Klady
Co- Vice Presidents: Tina Felten & Jen Erney
Co- Treasurers: Amanda Butler & Kristen Wolfe
Secretary: Jenna Everitt
Historian: Fawnia Celone
PS - MAYBE OUR NEXT PTO MEETING WILL BE VIRTUAL...STAY TUNED!