ALL STAR LABRADORS
5th Grade Celebration Fundraiser - SMENCILS!!!
Smencils are #2 pencils that smell like your favorite flavors!
Smencils will be on sales from
Monday, October 29 – Friday, November 2
during grade level lunches
For $1 – CASH ONLY
Profits from the Smencils will go toward the 5th Grade End of Year Celebration!
5th Graders thank you for your support!!!!
Field Days - It's Time to Play
For the safety of our students and in order to accommodate the large number of visitors who attend Lee Field Day, we are asking that parents/guardians/authorized visitors pre-register as a visitor by completing and returning the bottom portion of this page.
In accordance with district policy, EVERY visitor to the Lee Elementary campus will be checked-in through the V-Soft system for Field Day. By pre-registering, parents, guardians, and authorized visitors will avoid standing in long lines at the time of the event. Instead, your pre-printed visitor badge will be sent home with your child prior to the event. Please send an individual form for each child and return it to their homeroom teacher.
2nd grade (Wednesday, November 28, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
Kinder (Wednesday, November 28, 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
4th grade (Thursday, November 29, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
1st grade (Thursday, November 29, 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
5th grade (Friday, November 30, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
3rd grade (Friday, November 30, 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
A Message about Voting from Superintendent Dr. Henry
Dear CFISD community,
The two-week early voting period for the Nov. 6 general election began last Monday, Oct. 22 and will continue through Nov. 2.
Monday, October 22 – Friday, October 26
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 27
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 28
1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 29 – Sunday, November 2
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
I encourage you to make your voice heard by casting your vote either at an early voting site or your election day polling location.
Please take a few minutes to browse the voter-specific ballot and polling locations on Harris County Clerk Stan Stanart’s website by entering in your name and address. You can also access the early voting sites and hours on the site.
Some of the convenient early voting sites in our community include:
- Jersey Village City Hall (16327 Lakeview Drive, Jersey Village, 77040)
- Richard & Meg Weekley Community Center (8440 Greenhouse Road, Cypress, 77433)
- Juergen’s Hall Community Center (26026 Hempstead Highway, Cypress, 77429)
- Prairie View A&M University - Northwest (9449 Grant Road, Houston, 77070)
Voting is a key component of the freedom and democracy we enjoy in the United States, but too few of registered voters participate in this important process. I encourage each of you to exercise your right to vote, either during the early voting period or on Election Day.
Mark Henry, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
School Messenger: Email and Text Notification System
In order to have better communication with parents, information will now be sent via text and/or email through School Messenger.
What is SchoolMessenger?
SchoolMessenger allows you to personalize communications from your school or district into one centralized feed.
1. Click the LOG IN Button on the top of the page on your internet browser (https://accounts.relianceco.com/#/createuser),
or Download the SchoolMessenger App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market.
2. Enter your email address and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
3. After authenticating via your email, return to SchoolMessenger and sign in using your email and password.
What's in SchoolMessenger?
Once you've created your account, we'll automatically link the records associated with your email address. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account - student, staff, parent records.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information and configure how you would like to receive notifications.
Is SchoolMessenger secure?
The sign-up process creates a secure link between the user and SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger operates with the latest encryption technology to protect access to stored information. SchoolMessenger is also a signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge, which requires us to adhere to 12 stringent data protection standards as a further assurance of our commitment to protecting your data.
What else do I need to know?
Device (Push) Notifications will trigger a badge or alert when you receive new communications from your school or district. You can choose to receive Device Notifications in addition to, or instead of, the phone calls, emails, and text messages you normally receive.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
To enroll in the program to help support Lee Elementary:
All supporters must have a registered Kroger Plus card account online to be able to link their card to an organization.
If you do not have a Kroger Plus Card, you can obtain a digital Kroger Plus Card when creating an account online or at any Kroger store.
- Link your card at www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com.
- If you have an existing account, click on “Sign In”, otherwise click on “Create an Account”.
- If you are a new online customer:
- You will need to enter your email address, create a password, enter your zip code, click on favorite store, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once you are done entering your information you will get a message asking you to check your e-mail inbox and click on the link within the body of the e-mail that was sent to activate your Kroger account.
Already have a Kroger.com account?
- Enter your email address and password and click on “Sign In”.
- Click on Community then on Community Rewards” then click on enroll now, complete personal information, click on save.
- Enter your organization’s number or name and then click on “Search”.
- Select your organization and click on “Save”.
- To verify that you enrolled correctly, you will see your organizations name on the right side of your account settings page.
Once you are linked, you can start earning rewards immediately toward the organization you are supporting. (Note: The message saying that you are supporting an organization through the Kroger Community Rewards program will start printing on your receipt about 10 business days after you linked your card.)
Remember, you must swipe your registered Kroger Plus Card or use your Alt ID when shopping for each eligible purchase to count.
Thank you for participating in our Kroger Community Rewards program!
November's Core Essential Value - Cooperation
Our value this month is cooperation. Cooperation means working together to do more than you can do alone. Throughout this month, pay attention to the different ways that you work with others to accomplish a task. Maybe you are part of a team; this gives you lots of ways to accomplish goals. Being a great team member is important!
Safety is the top priority within our commitment to providing safe and efficient transportation to over
75,000 students every day. A crucial part of this service is knowing when and where each child gets on and off the school bus. ZPass allows parents to receive notifications when their child enters and exits the school bus.
How ZPass Works
Students place their ZPass Multipurpose Card in front of the card reader as they enter and exit the school bus.
The card reader emits an audible beep confirming the card was read.
The time, date and location of where the student gets on and off the bus are immediately recorded to a secure database, accessible only by transportation and school officials.
Parents can sign up for instant notifications, via push or cell phone text messaging and/or email.
Parents can sign up for notifications by going to https://www.zpassplus.com/. ZPass + app is available at Google Play and the App Store.
Badge replacement fees: $3.00 for bus badge and $1.00 for lanyard.
Show your Labrador spirit every Friday by wearing a Labrador T-Shirt. New "All Star Labradors" themed shirts may be purchased for $10.
The order form can be printed and sent to school with payment with your child.
Lee Elementary Website
Check out the Lee Campus Website for more information at http://lee.cfisd.net/en.
You can find all kinds of helpful information, including links to
- faculty email addresses
- lunch and recess schedules
- large group schedules
- school supply information
- spirit shirt order forms
- library resources
- access to student textbooks