January 26, 2023
Father Saji talked about how everyone can change and convert to God, just like St. Paul changed and then converted other people. We can meet Jesus through praying and talking to God. We can also gather as a Church and meet God by reading the Bible and participating in Church.
-Rylee, 8th Grade
At Mass, Father Saji talked about looking inside ourselves. He used Saul/Paul as an example. Saul was prosecuting God’s people when Jesus reached out to him and said, “Saul, why are you prosecuting me?” Saul lost his sight but regained it when he converted. Father said change is impossible if we don’t recognize that what we are doing is wrong. After we change our hearts we can come together as a community, as a Church.
-Adelina, 8th Grade
Thank You for Sponsoring Our Police Officer
Deadline to reregister is TOMORROW!
reregistration for 2023-2024
If you haven't completed your enrollment packet online, please remember it must be done by 3pm tomorrow, Friday! This step must be done to secure your child's spot AND to take advantage or the reregistration discount.
family movie night
Catholic Schools Week
catholic schools week masses
spaghetti dinner and catholic trivia
It's a great time. All ages are welcome! You don't want to miss it!
mcdonald's spirit night
alumni basketball game
Grandparents Day is coming quick, Wednesday February 1st. All grandparents are invited to join us for Mass and a special morning at school. Please note that this event is reserved for grandparents, or older relatives/close friends that serve in the role of grandparent for a student.
If a grandparent is not able to join us at school the morning of Feb. 1st, they can send a card/letter to the school with the name of the student on the envelope. We will be sure that the student receives this piece of mail during Grandparents Day activities. Please watch for additional information in next week's edition of Eagle's Eye.
GRANDPARENTS DAY PROCEDURES
As we prepare for grandparents to join us next week, we wanted to share with you the procedures to help the day run smoothly. We will follow last year format.
- If a grandparent is NOT accompanying your child(ren) that day, please drop your child off as normal.
- We strongly encourage grandparents to arrive at SJCS church parking lot WITH their grandchild(ren) between 8am and 8:10am. Please let grandparents know that they do not want to arrive before 8am as they will be among carline.
- When grandparents arrive at school with their grandchild(ren), they will go directly to the church and sit wherever they like.
- Following Mass, we will have volunteers take pictures of grandchildren with their grandparents.
- Grandparents will visit the child's classroom until about 10:45am.
We are hoping that having students arrive at church with their grandparents, this will help facilitate them finding each other in the church for Mass. We are grateful for the cooperation of all to make this morning a success.
GRANDPARENTS DAY DONATIONS NEEDED
We are looking forward to welcoming grandparents to our campus next Wednesday Feb. 1st. After mass, we will have cookies and water set up on tables throughout the school for all students and the grandparents. We are in need of donations of cookies and jugs of water for this special day. If you are able to donate either cookies or water please refer to the SignUp link. Donations will be collected during carline that morning. This is a great opportunity for parents to earn service hours. Remember, parents earn one service hour for every $10 worth of requested items that are donated.
For any question please email Mrs. Claudette Biaggi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your donations are greatly appreciated to make this day a memorable one for our children and grandparents.
Gospel Reading this Sunday
and after he had sat down, his disciples came to him.
He began to teach them, saying:
"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you
and utter every kind of evil against you falsely because of me.
Rejoice and be glad,
for your reward will be great in heaven."
This section of the Eagle's Eye will remain in every edition of our newsletter. It will contain links to information that parents may need from time to time. When parents have questions, we urge you to check this section for possible links that could get you the information that you need.
- School Calendar: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/calendar-for-parents.pdf
- Parent-Student Handbook: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/St.-Joseph-Parent-Student-Handbook-2022-202-Repaired.pdf
- Menus: https://stjosephwhschool.nutrislice.com/
- Registering for a Lunch Account: https://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- PikMyKid User Guide: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/1-_Parent-App-User-Guide_English_2021.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/SEC-with-Code.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification: https://www.orlandodiocese.org/safe-environment/english/
- Uniform Company: https://store.sirwalteruniforms.com/schools/st-josephs-winter-haven.html
- FACTS Family Portal Login: https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/ParentsWeb-Login.aspx
- FACTS Family Portal Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/FACTS_Family_Portal_Parent_Access_Instructions.pdf
- Logging Service Hours: Parents and students can now enter and view their own service hours. You can use your app to view the hours, however, you have to use the web version to enter new hours. go https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/parentsweb-login.aspx The district code is STJC-FL. Once logged in, click on the Family option in the menu on the left side. At the top of the screen, select the family member who will be adding the service hours. Click on the Add option on the right side of the screen in the Service Hours box. Fill out the information and click Save.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier