Monday, December 21st - Wednesday, December 23rd
Week at Glance
- Studio in a School Exhibition for K and 1 (See schedule below)
- Meeting Room is closed all day for Sponsor-A-Family Gift Drive Organization
- Gift Wrapping Party and Cookie Exchange at 4:00PM in the Meeting Room
Tuesday, December 22nd
- 8:30AM-4:30PM: Professional Development Day (See schedule below)
- 4:30PM-9:00PM: Winter Party for Staff at The Emerson Bar
Wednesday, December 23rd
8:30AM-12:00PM: Professional Development Day (See schedule below)
Enjoy your vacation and we will see you on January 4th!
This Week's Events
Studio in a School Exhibition Schedule
The kindergarten children will draw one or two of the wooden sculptures and the first grade classes will reflect on their printmaking process and write comments and questions to other artists.
Schedule for Monday, December 21, 2015
10:00 AM-11:00 AM: Ginkgo
11:15 AM -12:05 PM: Oak
12:10 PM -1:00 PM: Maple
2:30PM- 3:30 PM: Beech
Thursday Meetings with the Learning Supports Team
Professional Development Schedule for 12/22 and 12/23
Please see the schedule below for our upcoming PD days. Please note the 8:30 start time on both days.
Tuesday, 12/22 (8:30am-4:30pm)
8:30-9:00: All Staff Check In and Reflection
- First Grade Plans Living Systems Unit with Jaimie and Kirsten
- 2nd Grade has Grade Level Planning (Brooke joins for 30 mins for new reading unit, Michelle joins for 30 minutes for new math unit)
- Kindergarten has Classroom Work Time
- Kindergarten Plans Family Unit with Jaimie and Kirsten
- 1st grade has Grade Level Planning
- 2nd Grade has Classroom Work Time
- Second Grade Plans Integrated Unit with Jaimie and Kirsten
- Kindergarten has Grade Level Planning (Brooke joins for 30-45 mintues for new reading and writing units, Michelle joins for 30 minutes for new math unit)
- 1st Grade has Classroom Work Time
4:00-4:30: PLC Meeting
- If you are interested in continuing to work in one of the PLCs we started a couple of months ago, please join us in the Meeting Room.
- If you are not interested in continuing to work in a PLC you will have 30 minutes of classroom work time.
4:30: All Staff
- Walk over to The Emerson for our Winter Party!
Wednesday, 12/23 (8:30-noon)
8:30AM-9:30AM: Supervision and Evaluation Session
- We will explore the Danielson Framework together.
- A medley of things to do: Fill out Mid-Year Survey, Classroom Work Time, and Individual Grade Team meetings with Michelle and Brooke to discuss planning process and team needs moving forward
- 9:30-10:00: Kindergarten Planning Process Meeting
- 10:00-10:30: 1st Grade Planning Process Meeting
- 10:30-11:00: 2nd Grade Planning Process Meeting
11:00AM-12:00PM: Staff Lunch and Surprises!
12:00 - VACATION!!
Enjoy your vacation and we will see you back on January 4th!
Holiday Party Tuesday, December 22nd
We will be having our winter party on Tuesday, December 22. You and a guest (and your children) are invited to come relax, imbibe, eat some good Italian food, and celebrate our success this fall. Maple parent, Tom, is again hooking us up with access to the back space of his Clinton Hill spot, Emerson Bar.
Pizzas from Graziella's will be served and their will be drink specials at the bar on us. Also, Emerson has a DJ booth (iPod and turntables <bring your own needles>) that Tom has given us access too. More details below and please RSVP by Tuesday, 12/15, so that we know how much food to order. You will need to type in yourself and your guest separately (you can make up an email address for these purposes).
Email Todd with questions.
FSA/HRA Account Reminder from Little Bird
If you currently have a health Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you are allowed to carryover up to $500 from that account into 2016. Please remember to submit any receipts for reimbursement by December 31st via the Ameriflex website (myameriflex.com).
You can find out if an item or service qualifies as an eligible FSA or HRA expense by clicking the link below:fsastore.com where you can purchase various items using your FSA or HRA account.
Please feel free to reach out to the Little Bird Benefits Concierge if you have any questions about your account or for any other benefits-related inquiries. Thye can be reached at 877-227-9994 or via e-mail email@example.com
Interesting Events and Reads
*For some reason S'more won't let me embed links from NY Times