Important updates and news 1/11/2021
Welcome back to school and Happy New Year! I hope you had a restful winter break.
The first day of school is Tuesday, 1/12/2021. Below are important dates and announcements.
Please reach out to us if you need assistance.
Important Announcements for Families & Students
- The first day of instruction for Spring Semester is Tuesday, January 12th, 2021.
- Check Schoology for changes to students' Spring class schedule.
- Next Monday 1/18/2021 is the MLK Jr Holiday and there will be no school.
- Below is the Bell Schedule for the first two weeks of Spring Semester.
- Headsets have been mailed home to every student in LAUSD!
- All families have been mailed the Student MyMail, Student PIN and Parent PIN information to ensure parents have created a Parent Portal Account.
- Any student who has a Fail will have until January 29th to raise their grade! Incomplete forms were emailed to students and parents with details. Please return them to the teachers! More Information HERE-->https://www.stemweb.org/domain/1144
- Tell us what you think! The School Experience Survey is still open! https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/8397
- Covid-19 Testing is available to all students and their families! Make an appointment today!
Not Getting Phone and Text Notifications?
Parents and employees can choose to Opt back into receiving Outreach (general) messages by calling (855) 502-7867 for any phone number that was previously Opted-Out.
News for Teachers
Announcements & Reminders for Teachers & Staff
- Monday, January 11th is a Pupil Free Day. PD will start at 9am. The Agenda is linked here.
- Tuesday, January 12th is the First Day of Instruction for Spring Semester. We will have an "A Day" (periods 1 - 3 and Advisory).
- Covid testing at LAUSD sites is now open to you and members of your household!
- If you are Covid positive and you tested outside of LAUSD, please upload your test results here and lick on "Submit External Covid-19 Test Result" after signing in.
- The Superintendent has extended the "Safer at Home" order until further notice. As such, the STEM office staff is continuing to work from home.
- I encourage all teachers to discuss the Capitol Hill incident with their students. Here are some resources from Facing History and an educator.
- School Experience Survey window has been extended to January 22nd, 2021.