The University of Southern Mississippi
About Delta Tau Delta
Delta Tau Delta was founded in 1858 at Bethany College in present day West Virginia. Eight men, angered by a fixed vote for a prize in oratory to be given at the Neotrophian Literary Society (a forum for students to practice and demonstrate skills in poetry, public speaking and writing essays), responded by forming a secret society. The purpose of the new society, known only by the Greek letters Delta Tau Delta, was to see the Neotrophian Society returned to popular control from the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity, and to form an organization of the student body drawn together by common aims, brotherly regard and desire for mutual support.
Delta Tau Delta was born of the knowledge that integrity is essential. The founding principles of Truth, Courage, Faith and Power have provided a guide for both the Fraternity and its membership.
Since 1858 the Fraternity has spread to nearly 200 campuses with over 120 active chapters and colonies comprised of about 6,500 undergraduate members. For over 150 years, Delta Tau Delta has in excess of 150,000 men who have become members of the Fraternity.
Zeta Chi's Accomplishments:
- Academic Excellence: Our active chapter earned a 3.11 cumulative GPA last fall.
- Commitment to Philanthropy: Zeta Chi raised more money than all other USM fraternities combined. This year Zeta Chi raised over $45,000 to fight Cystic Fibrosis.
- Life of Excellence: Zeta Chi has been a Hugh Shields (Top 10 Delt chapter) recipient 9 times and a Court of Honor (Top 20 Delt chapter) recipient 19 times since 1986.
What Delta Tau Delta can offer you:
- Leadership Academies Opportunities
- Networking with Delts Worldwide
- Social Gatherings
For more information contact:
Shayne Davis - 662.420.0708
Also be sure to visit Zeta Chi & Delta Tau Delta on the web: