Lion's Mane (Parent Edition)
Your home for MHS news & events. Volume 11
We made it
Attached is the membership form if you would like to become a member. Come on Lion Nation, we can attract 150 new members! https://form.jotform.com/42075182737154
There will be no PTO Lunch and Learn for December!
Did you Know
The McKinney High School
- 11/17 Fire Drill
- 11/17 NHS Induction Ceremony @ 6:30 p.m. (Auditorium)
- 11/17 Boys Bball vs. Frisco @ 7:30 p.m. (Home)
- 11/17 Swim/Dive vs. Tyler Lee @ 5:00 p.m. (Home)
- 11/19-21 Girls Bball vs. Allen Hoopfest Tourn. (Away)
- 11/19-21 Boys Bball vs. Pasadena Tourn. (Away)
- 11/19 Wresting vs. Frisco Liberty/R.L. Turner @ 6:30 p.m. (Away)
- 11/20 Swim/Dive vs. 6A TISCA Prelims @ 7:00 a.m. (Away)
- 11/20 Wrestling vs. Arlington Martin @ 4:00 p.m. (Away)
- 11/23-11/27 No School Thanksgiving Break
- 12/17 PTO Teacher Christmas Luncheon
Art Needs your help
The MHS sculpture class is beginning pottery soon and needs dry cleaning bags to keep the clay nice and moist. Please send your dry cleaning bags to C117 or drop them off at the front office.
HAC Alerts are now available
For more information about setting alerts, go to the Help manual, which is located in the upper right corner of the HAC landing page. Make sure you utilize your guardian login information in order to subscribe to HAC alerts.
MHS Students doing great things
- Congratulations to Alex Pardis (Sophomore Cellist) and Sai Sai Ding (Freshmen Cellist) for being named All State in Orchestra.
- Congratulations to Claire Embry (University of South Florida) and Abigail McFarlane (Carson Newman University) for signing letters of intent to play volleyball next year.
- Congratulations to Jason Addington for winning the First Annual McKinney's Got Talent show on Friday with his amazing beat box skills.
Helping our Students in Need.
How to stay connected
- Lion's Mane (Parent Edition) every Monday
- MHS Facebook page
- MHS Twitter page
- Remind 101 (text @themck to 81010)
- MHS Webpage (although this is not updated as quickly as other methods)
- Phone Callouts
If for some reason you are not receiving MHS information in your preferred medium, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I want you to be informed in a timely manner about all things MHS.