Knox Gifted Academy - - - February 1, 2023
A Note From Mrs. Braaksma & Mr. Rogers:
The second semester is upon us and it tends to move quickly! This newsletter includes more detailed information about Celebration of Cultures Night, a link to complete CUSD's Intent to Return, details about KGA's yearbook art contest, upcoming PTO family events, a 6th grade movie fundraiser, and more!
A few thoughts about Celebration of Cultures Night next week:
- Traditional cultural dress is welcomed.
- Parking will be on both the east and west fields. (see map below)
- Volunteering? Please check in at the G-Pod upon arrival.
- Pick up a passport on your way in from one of the three Welcome Tables and get stamped in each experience.
- Enjoy a bite to eat from one of our food trucks: Churromigos and Tziki Food Truck
- Each cultural experience includes student and parent displays, make & take crafts, bread from around the world, interactive activities, and more!
- Pick up your Chandler Education Foundation (CEF) raffle ticket and enter a chance to win big prizes! And, CEF give $4 back to KGA with each ticket sold!
Please note that the bread around the world interactive displays may contain allergens. If you have questions and/or concerns, please email email@example.com for more information.
Thank you for ALL you do to support Knox Gifted Academy!
Mrs. Braaksma, Principal
Mr. Rogers, Dean of Students
Celebration of Cultures Night Performances!
Current KGA students in grades K-5 must submit an Intent to Return for the 23/24 school year. Please call the front office with questions. Looking forward to having students return next year!
Parent-teacher conferences are coming!
February 15th and 16th are Parent-Teacher Conferences! School dismissal is 12:10pm.
Last week your teacher team sent an email with a link to sign-up for a parent-teacher conference. Thank you for taking the time to meet with your child's teacher(s) to hear updates about their progress this school year.
During your time together, teachers will review academic progress toward Arizona state standards along with other pertinent information that will give you a glimpse into the classroom. Although conferences are a short time together, please continue to communicate with your child's teacher regularly. We appreciate your partnership and continued support!
Support KGA 6th Grade with a Movie & Breakfast!
How to purchase tickets:
1. Pay for the tickets ($15 each) via the KGA PTO Paypal account at firstname.lastname@example.org (with the note: "6th Grade Fundraiser")
2. Then complete this order form indicating the number of tickets you would like to purchase.
YOUR TICKETS ARE NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOU MAKE PAYMENT. No cash orders will be accepted. Please email Mrs. Leahy at email@example.com with any questions.
Support KGA with PTO Family Events!
KGA @ Main Event
Wednesday, Feb. 15th, 1-5pm
1735 South Santan Village Parkway
KGA Restaurant Night @ MOD Pizza
Thursday, Feb. 16th, 12-9pm
830 West Warner Road
Knox Gifted Academy
Office: (480) 812-6100
Health Office: (480) 812-6102
Fax: (480) 224-9391
School Hours: 9:10 AM - 3:40 PM
Office Hours: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Early Dismissal: 12:10 PM