WE'RE ALL WONDERS
FAMILY NEWSLETTER FOR FEB 14-18
NEXT TWO WEEKS AT A GLANCE
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14
- Happy Valentine's Day! Activities will be held in classrooms throughout the day - please contact your child's teacher with any questions
- Premiere of second "No More, Not Here!" video - the link below will be shown in classrooms before morning recess today
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 15
- 6th grade field trip to Ballet West
- ART: Newland, Jensen, Clayton
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 16
- ART: Crowley, Shupe, Gassaway
- The Counseling Team from Centerville Junior High will visit Reading Elementary 6th graders today to discuss registration and transitioning to junior high next year
- ART: Macaulay and Williams
- 6th grade DARE Lesson with Officer Coombs and Officer Scott
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18
- 6th grade dance practice
- Early-out schedule today!
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21
- No School - President’s Day
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 22
- ART: Imler, Gelter and Nichols
- Mr. Frohm from CJH visits 6th grade today
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 23
- ART: Hope, Cluff and Larsen
- Spring Pictures with Lifetouch
- Lockdown Drill with Centerville PD at 9:15am
- Open House for incoming 7th graders @ CJH from 6-7:30pm
THURSDAY. FEBRUARY 24
- 5th grade field trip to Utah’s Capitol
- ART: Brimhall, Klinker and Bounds
- 6th grade DARE lesson with Officer Coombs and Officer Scott
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25
- Assembly for invited classes at 9:15am
- School-level spelling bee - participants will gather at 9:45am in SEM Classroom and parents can join via Zoom at 10am
- Early-out schedule!
"NO MORE, NOT HERE!" VIDEO #2
Dear parents and guardians,
In a continuing effort to create a more positive, inclusive, and caring atmosphere in our schools, Davis School District has produced the second in a series of videos entitled “No More, Not Here!” You can preview the elementary video above. As you’ll see in the video, our district's own teachers and administrators are assisting in the effort to help students know how to respond appropriately when challenging situations arise. This is a districtwide effort to create a more inclusive school environment where every student feels comfortable and where everyone can learn and grow within the classrooms of our schools. The videos will be shown to students at school beginning Monday. If, after you preview the video, you prefer not to have your child watch it in class please let the classroom teacher or Mr. Hughes know.
REGION 3 PTA REFLECTIONS CONTEST WINNERS
Congratulations to the Davis School District Region 3 PTA Reflections winners. There are three awards given out by the PTA — Award of Excellence, Award of Merit and Honorable Mention. The Award of Excellence entries will advance to the state level competition.
Award of Excellence
Taylor Cutler, Emma Exon and Josh Fawcett, Reading Elementary
Award of Merit
Olive Beckstrom, Reading Elementary
Award of Excellence
Eva Marie Black, Reading Elementary
Samuel Clarke, Reading Elementary
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR LATEST WINNING ROW!
2022 Instructional Materials Adoption - Parents May Apply to Participate
Committee Responsibilities Include:
- Attend all required adoption committee meetings in their entirety. Meetings may be held virtually. (If you cannot attend each meeting you will need to withdraw from the committee).
- Comprehensively evaluate submitted materials.
- Maintain professional standards in all meetings and through all correspondence.
- Complete and submit rubrics in the allotted time frame.
- Complete the Conflict of Interest form.
- Follow confidentiality protocol. Committee members are not allowed to:
- discuss confidential conversations and decisions
- forward any emails and/or adoption documents to anyone not on the committee
- accept gifts from vendors/publishers
- use materials outside of the adoption guidelines
- Adoption training and materials distribution - 2-3 hours
- Individual evaluation of materials - 8-10 hours
- First round committee review of scores - 1 hour
- Second round committee vendor presentations - scheduled only if needed
Secondary Science (grades 7-12), 21 parents
English Language Development Materials for Multilingual Learners (grades 7-12), 8 parents
Elementary Social Studies (grades K-6), 21 parents
Computer Science (grades K-6), 10 parents
NOMINATION INFO FOR "BEST OF DAVIS" AWARDS
Do you know a teacher who has made an impact in a student’s life? Perhaps a secretary who makes going to school a joy for you and your student. Or a bus driver whose interactions with your student supported their social-emotional wellness?
The Best of Davis Award celebrates the exceptional employees in the Davis School District. The program recognizes up to 45 district employees (15 elementary teachers, 15 secondary teachers, 5 instructional support staff and 10 classified staff) for the excellent work they are doing. Thanks to Chevron, Hogan & Associates Construction and the Davis Education Foundation, each winner receives a monetary award and small token of appreciation.
Community residents and employees are invited to nominate individuals they feel are the best of the best. Prior CARE or Best of Davis Award winners cannot be nominated.
- Handwritten forms will NOT be considered.
- Self-nominations and those made by immediate family members will not be accepted.
- A random drawing will pick two nominators to receive a prize of a 77 oz. Lifetime cooler.
- Nominators are asked to describe in 300 words or less what makes the nominee stand out from others. The deadline for nominations is 11:59 p.m., Friday, Feb. 18.
- Nominators are also asked to include two other names of someone who can endorse the nomination. The nominee’s supervisor will automatically receive a request for endorsement.
- The nominee will receive a copy of the nomination and be invited to fill out an award application form.
- The endorsers will receive an email inviting them to expand on why the nominee should be considered for a Best of Davis Award.
- A selection committee will pick the award winners from the information received in the nomination, endorsement and application.
- If you have any questions, please call Pamela Stavros at 801-402-5109 or email email@example.com.