The Titan Times: Week 21
The River Place Elementary (RPE) Campus Newsletter
IN THIS EDITION:
- Message from Principal Sharp
- Mark Your Calendars and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Titan Community News
- Counselor's Corner
- Leander ISD Opportunities
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
I hope you enjoyed your winter break with family and friends. Our staff looks forward to welcoming you back today with a huge Titan Welcome!
This month, we launch school board recognition month. In our district, campuses are assigned Board Members to highlight. Trish Bode, Leander ISD Board President, is who our campus will celebrate this month. Trish Bode was elected to the Leander ISD Board of Trustees in May 2015 and recently was re-elected. Ms. Bode received a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies and her Master of Arts in Communication Studies from Texas State. Ms. Bode married her high school sweetheart, Bryan Snead, and together they have two children who attend LISD. Their activities have led to Bode’s engagement in multiple organizations and events. Ms. Bode works in corporate communication and enjoys spending her free time with her family and friends and engaging in community activities. If you're looking for a way to further share with your child how the school board impacts our district and campus, here's a video showcasing their role.
January is also a month of goal setting and dreaming big for our campus and each other. We are incredibly thrilled to launch 2023 with you! Throughout the next few weeks, your Titan(s) will engage in discussion around goal setting and reflecting on progress as they embark on NWEA MAP and iStation assessments. We hope your family takes some time to know each other's aspirations and goals in ending this school year well.
Again, welcome back! It's going to be a fantastic semester!
Take care and be well,
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
January: School Board Recognition Month
- 3rd: Students return to campus, 5th Grade Run Club, & the 3rd Nine Weeks Grading Period begins.
- 4th: 3rd Grade Run Club
- 5th: 4th Grade Run Club
- 6th: Titan Time in the MPR
- 9th: Kinder Run Club
- 10th: 2nd Grade Run Club
- 12th: 1st Grade Run Club
- 13th: Titan Time in the MPR
- 16th: MLK Day- NO SCHOOL
This details the entire school year's student holidays, staff development days, early release, etc.
TITAN COMMUNITY NEWS
- The street in front of our school becomes ONE WAY during arrival (7:05 - 8:00am) & dismissal times (2:20-3:00pm).
- Follow the map provided for the safety of our Titan Community. There is NO DROP OFF FOR STUDENTS AT THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING.
- During this time the traffic in front of our school on Sitio Del Rio Blvd should flow one way ONLY--traffic entering from River Place Blvd. and driving towards FM 2222.
- If parking in the parking lot in front of our school for drop off or pick up during these times, you should follow the flow of traffic, making a LEFT turn as you exit the parking area.
Again, Do NOT Drop Off Students at the Front Foyer- Park Your Car & Walk Your Titan.
If you are a family who needs support with purchasing Titan gear, please reach out to our school counselor, Ms. Jennifer Randall, at email@example.com
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders