Rural Prevention Conference
Register Today for the In-Person Training Event
“Connections & New Beginnings”
Prevent Coalition and the Rural Network are hosting this in-person gathering of rural prevention professionals, educators, and passionate volunteers. The Rural Prevention Conference will bring together and engage people focused on issues of great importance to rural communities.
Experience two days of learning, networking, and solution building. Get an overview or take a deep dive into all aspects of rural prevention with an opportunity to share, learn, and discover new strategies to better engage rural communities and partner with them more effectively. This conference is designed for community leaders, residents, and professionals who seek to create a stronger Washington State.
Save The Date
- When: Thursday, September 22, 2022 from 12 – 4 p.m & Friday, September 23, 2022 from 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Where: In-Person - Yakima Convention Center, 10 N 8th St, Yakima, WA 98901
- Contact: Email email@example.com
- Registration: Click here to register
- Event Website: Click here to visit event website
- Flyer: Click here to download
By the end of this 1.5 day event, participants will have:
- Connected with prevention peers across rural Washington,
- Strategized around the Rural Network action plan and advancing prevention efforts in rural Washington,
- Learned latest science, data analysis, and equity initiatives in the substance misuse prevention field.
Thursday, September 22
- 10 a.m. – noon Registration Open
- Noon – 12:30 p.m. Opening Remarks + Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. Keynote Speaker
- 1:30 p.m. Networking Activity
- 2-2:45 p.m. Tabletop Strategizing Session
- 2:45 p.m. Training Session: Youth Panel
- 3:45 p.m. Closing Remarks
- 6:30 – 8 p.m. (optional) Evening Team Building Activity
Friday, September 23
- 8-8:45 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:45 a.m. Opening Remarks
- 9 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Rotating Training Breakout Sessions
- 12 p.m. Exit Activity
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Lunch (to-go style available)
- Keynote speaker and breakout session topics will be shared closer to the event. Generally they will revolve around telling the coalition story, using data, engaging the community effectively, coalition branding, innovative strategies, and more.
- A draft agenda is provided on the event website and will be updated on that page
- Lunch is provided on Thursday, September 22; Breakfast and a to-go lunch are provided on Friday, September 23
- This event is eligible for 7 clock hours through PDEnroller
- Certificates provided upon request
- Holiday Inn and Red Lion Hotel have offered government rate to guests. Visit the conference website for information on booking through our program code.
Connection is the Best Prevention
The statewide Rural Network is a gathering of rural people who support youth in their journey to whole health. We convene monthly to plan projects, train, share best practices with one another from the field and collaborate across our geographical boundaries.