Different Teams, One Goal
R-MIS C.A.R.E.S. by partnering with families and the community to promote academic success, respect and kindness, and leadership qualities in all students. We strive to instill integrity, a life-long enthusiasm for learning, and a strong work ethic preparing students for both local and global citizenship.
- October 2nd- 5th Grade Hikes Carter Caves
- October 3rd- Choir Performs at Greenup Old Fashion Days
- October 3rd- Spelling Bee Champ, Rialeigh Litteral Competes at Greenup Old Fashion Days
- October 4th-October 7th- Fall Break
- October 8th- Last day to Turn In Fall Fundraisers
- October 8th- Beta Club Induction at 7 PM
- October 8th- Brown, Ladd, Spainhower, Lintner Hike at Greenbo
- October 9th- M. Smith, C. Smith, Sallie, Trimble Hike at Greenbo
- October 10th- Shivel, Turner, Parker, Haggard Hike at Greenbo
- October 11th- Arbogast, Raby, Wehrle Hike at Greenbo
- October 11th- PTA Membership Drive Celebration: E. Smith, Haggard, Trimble, Ladd
- October 11th- 5th Grade Field Trip to the McConnel House
- October 11th- 1st Grading Period Ends
- October 14th- Boo Grams Sales Begin!
- October 14th-18th- Book Fair
- October 17th- Family Connection: Screenwise at 6 PM
- October 17th- Book Fair Family Night/STEAM Night 6-8 PM
- October 18th- Breakfast with the Arts
- October 22nd- Core Essentials Assembly: Courage
- October 22nd- Math Night: Say Boo to Your Math Fears 6-7:30 PM
- October 25th- Monster Bash Dance
- October 28th-November 1st- Red Ribbon Week
- October 29th- Students of the Month to Chick-fil-A
- October 30th- Team Spirit Day
- October 31st- Halloween Parade and Parties
Come Chill Out at the Book Fair! Oct. 14-18
Say BOO to Your Math Fears!
CARES Certificates/Service Forms
All students grades 3-5 can earn a CARES Certificate every 9 Weeks! CARES stands for:
Caring for Others
Exhibiting Excellent Behavior
- Caring for others is demonstrated through completing an act of service and turning in a service-learning form every 9 weeks.
- Awesome academics is the student's best effort determined by the teacher.
- Rad attendance means no unexcused absences.
- Exhibiting excellent behavior means the student has been following classroom and school procedures and expectations.
***4th Graders must earn CARES certificates as part of their qualification for Beta Club.
President: Gunnar Smith
Vice President: Kaelyn Howard
Secretary: Jade Lemaster
Treasurer: Harper Ragains
Representative: Mya Sarver
Representative: Ella Wilson
Beta Club induction will be Tuesday, October 8th at 7 PM.
Let's Hear it for Rialeigh Litteral!
Boo Grams, and Parties
Boo Grams will be sold beginning October 14th. They will be delivered as they are received through October 31st.
Our Halloween parties will be Thursday, October 31st from 2 PM-3 PM in homeroom classrooms. Parents can line up on the playground and in front of the gym first. Our costume parade will take place between 1:30 and 1:45. Afterward, all parents wishing to attend the parties will need to sign in through the gym and get a visitor's sticker before going to their child's classroom. Any student signed out before 3:25 will be counted as an unexcused tardy. All students going home with parents on this day must be signed out through the gym according to normal procedures. Thank you for your cooperation!
Breakfast with the Arts
Core Essential and Precept
The precept this month is "If you are tempted to say I can't, have the courage to add YET!"
How you can apply this at home: Discuss the word courage and use it in conversations with your child. The precept is all about having a growth mindset: realizing that we don't have to be perfect, know it all, or be the best. A growth mindset is a realization that we can always improve through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. There is so much power in the small word YET!
Bully Prevention Month
This is an anonymous tool to report bullying, violence, or other issues. It is located in the upper right-hand corner of the district's website.