2023 MTPS Fall Athletics
2023 Fall Sports Information for MHS & WAMS
2023 MHS FALL START DATES
- FOOTBALL - 8/7/23
- GIRLS TENNIS - 8/16/23
- GIRLS & BOYS SOCCER, FIELD HOCKEY, GIRLS VOLLEYBALL, GIRLS & BOYS CROSS COUNTRY - 8/21/23
- UNIFIED SOCCER - 9/11/23
Click on the link for future NJSIAA START DATES FOR THE FALL, WINTER, AND SPRING SEASONS.
Contact the Head Coach with any questions regarding the start of school-sponsored mandatory FALL practices.
2023 WAMS FALL SPORTS START DATE
All Practices Start - Monday, 9/11/23
Contact Steve Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding the start of WAMS FALL practices.
REGISTRTATION FOR FALL SPORTS OPENS JULY 14TH
- Genesis Fall Sports Registration for the Fall 2023 seasons will open on July 14th.
- Your child must be registered before the program's first practice.
- *Once you have registered for a FALL Sport, parents can check your child's academic (MHS) and physical eligibility (MHS & WAMS). Click for directions.*
SPORTS SCHEDULES and NOTIFICATIONS
- Game schedules can be found on the MHS or WAMS Athletics Website by clicking on the link called “Sports Calendar.”
- If you would like updates regarding schedule changes, once on the online sports calendar website, click on “Notify Me” and sign-up for text and email notifications for your child’s team.
- The FALL 2023 sports schedules are complete, but there still may be some minor changes before and during the season.
PHYSICAL ELIGIBLITY INFORMATION
The Moorestown Preparticipation Physical Packet is mandatory for participation in interscholastic sports if your child's current physical was administered more than 365 days before the start of the FALL sports first practice. Therefore, in consultation with the Middle School and High School Nurses and MTPS Physician, MHS and WAMS will offer physicals for prospective FALL sports student-athletes on JULY 27th and AUGUST 3rd. Appointments will start at 8 am at the High School.
Before registering for a physical, you must try to get your sports physical evaluation completed by your family physician. If you cannot get an appointment with your family physician, use the Google form below to register. Once registered, your appointment time will be sent to you.
Before the appointment, your child must bring the Physical Packet to the High School or WAMS nurse's office. Page 1 must be completed and signed by the student-athlete and parent, and pages 3 and 4 must have the student's name printed at the top before handing in the packet. Your child must be on time for the appointment.
- Any students registered to get their physicals at the High School on either 7/27 or 8/3 must have printed and turned in their physical packet with page 1 complete by July 20th so the nurses can start the prescreening process.
- If you are not getting your physical at MHS or WAMS, please return your completed physical packet to the appropriate Main Office by THURSDAY, AUGUST 3RD.
Free Sports Physical Appointment Request
2023-2024 Student Participation Fee Information
- The fee is a one-time payment for the entire 2023-2024 school year with a family cap of $300.
- If you paid the fee in the Fall or Winter, you don't need to pay again.
- Students who qualify for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program are EXEMPT from paying the Participation Fee. The form can be found at https://tinyurl.com/yyxmjrhh
- The day of the first regular-season contest.
- Any student not paying the fee as of the deadline will be removed from their activity and will not be allowed to participate in any capacity until the Participation Fee has been paid.
- If a student is not selected to participate in an activity, they will receive a refund if it is the only activity they plan to participate in during the school year. If the student is not selected, the parent must request a refund, in writing, to the building principal.
- Any participant who voluntarily chooses to leave a club, activity, or team or is dropped for disciplinary or academic deficiencies is not eligible for a refund after the first official date of the activity, not including the pre-season or audition period.
- If you have technical issues with the PaySchools website, please email email@example.com.
MHS FALL SPORTS SUMMER RECESS VOLUNTARY WORKOUTS
Student-led "Captains’ Practices” are not sanctioned by the school district. All school-sanctioned practices are supervised by a Moorestown Board of Education-approved coach.
SUMMER RECESS BLACKOUT WEEK - Sunday, July 30th - Sunday, August 6th
RELAX & ENJOY THE WEEK!
NJSIAA ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY for High School Students
To be eligible for athletic competition during the first semester a pupil must have passed 25% of the credits (30) required by the State of New Jersey for graduation, during the immediately preceding academic year.
NJSIAA AGE & SEMESTER ELIGIBILITY for High School Students
- An athlete becomes ineligible for high school athletics if he/she attains the age of nineteen prior to September 1. However, any athlete attaining age nineteen (19) on or after September 1 shall be eligible for the ensuing school year (NJSIAA Constitution, Art. 5, Sec. 3C)
- No student shall be eligible for high school athletics after the expiration of eight consecutive semesters following his/her entrance into the 9th grade. A student becomes ineligible for high school athletics when the class in which he/she was originally enrolled has graduated.
MHS Student-Athlete and Parent Handbook
All program-specific questions should first be directed to the head coach. Click on the links below for our Department Directories.
Please contact me if you have any additional questions regarding MHS FALL sports.
If you have any additional questions regarding WAMS FALL sports, contact Steve Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org).