May 16 - 20
All In, Mt. Gallant!
How We Win:
- Building and sustaining relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Improving our core instruction in the areas of Guided Reading, Lucy Calkins' writing, and Number Talks.
- Personalizing the MGES experience and learning for each child
Odds & Ends
- Thanks to First Grade, Melisa Smith, and Heather Gregory for the outstanding exhibit at the Museum of York County. Our students were very excited to see their work on display... so were all of us! If you haven't seen it, check it out!
- Please ensure that playground equipment is returned to the locker after each recess. Please only use your designated equipment color.
- Placement Cards are due by Tuesday, May 24 by 2:45.
- PTA Dance is Thursday from 6 - 8pm. Wear jeans with any shirt if you're working the dance.
- SC PASS continues this week for grades 4, 5. MAP make-up testing only.
- Start collecting and accounting for all textbooks.
Reading Coach's Corner
R2S Updates: I hope you read the good news in Friday’s email about there being two R2S course opportunities for us to take advantage of next school year:
1. Reading/Writing in the Content Area is the free online course offered during a specific 7 wk window for each school. (Everyone needs this course for their endorsement.)
2. Foundations in Reading is another free course offered by our district specialists, beginning in Sept. Tentatively, there will be face to face hrs, coaching cycle participation at the school level, as well as virtual hrs. (All classroom teachers, SPED teachers, & ESOL teachers need this for their endorsement.)
*Please contact me with any additional questions about these opportunities.
Last Monthly Level Collection! I plan to return your purple collections sheets to you this week in order for you to record data for the month of May along with the F&P End of Yr. section. You can turn them in with your F & P folders on May 25.
Palmetto Reading Council membership: Take advantage of the early bird special: Only $10 when you join by May 31! Applications for next year will be sent via email.
Vicki will come to your room for Computer Lab.
- SC PASS continues for grades 4 and 5
- Moree at DO, 2pm
- Spirit Night at McAlister's Deli in Milwood
- Dental Van
- 2:45 - Faculty Meeting: Bring laptop or iPad
- Team Meetings with Moree During Planning
- Knights Doing It Right - Send when you see KNN message
- PST - See MGES Calendar
- SPIRIT DAY
- Moree at Elementary Principal's Meeting, AM
- Last day for library book checkout
- Completed Placement Cards due to Moree (Please keep clipped together)
- PTA Dance - 6-8pm
- Enjoy the day off!
11 - 27 - SC PASS for students in grades 4 and 5
24 - Fifth Grade to Dutchman Creek at 9am
24 - Placement Cards due by 2:45
25 - Grades Due
25 - TK Ceremony @ 8:30
26- iPad Roll-in
27 - Knights of the Round Table & Gallant Girls Field Trip
27 - Music during lunch - Bassoonist
30 - No School
31 - Field Day - 8:30 - 12:30
1 - Fifth Grade Promotion at 8:30am
2 - Kindergarten Promotion at 8:30am
20 - Assessment Conference
21 - Assessment Conference
1 - PBIS Kickoff
10 - Teachers Return - Meeting Day
11 - Meeting Day
12 - District Rally - TBA
15 - Tentative - Meet the Teacher
16 - Students Return
29 - PTA Fundraiser Kickoff
5 - Labor Day - No School
3 - 7 - Porkchop Productions - 5th Grade
21 - Exchange Day