Welcome to Smithfield!
Rising Kindergarten Information and Virtual Beginner's Day
We asked our students what they love about Smithfield...
Kindergarten Staggered Entry Plan
The transition into Kindergarten is a very exciting and challenging experience filled with new faces, places, and expectations. We have developed a system of staggered entry to assist with the transition. A small group of Kindergarten students will come to school each day during the first week of school. Having fewer children in the classroom will enable your child’s teacher to spend more time on personal interactions, establishing procedures and routines, and individual assessments.
· ALL kindergarten students will come to school on Wednesday, August 25th.
· Each child will be assigned to come ONE day, either August 26th, 27th, 30th, or 31st. (see teacher assignment letter)
· On the day that your child comes to school, he/she will be individually assessed and acclimated to the routines of school.
· Once students have attended school, they will be recorded present, even on the days they stay home during the first week of class.
· ALL students will return to school on Wednesday, September 1st.
Beginner's Day Presentation
Rising Kindergarten Information Form- IMPORTANT
Registration is open for the 2021-2022 school year!
Here are the items that are needed for registration:
- Four-page student enrollment packet
- Proof of DOB/Legal name; usually copy of Birth certificate or passport
- Two proofs of Residency: Current Lease or Mortgage
- AND Current utility bill or driver license with current address
- Current Immunization Record*
- Health Assessment*
*can be turned in prior to school beginning in the fall
All forms can be found here on the CMS website.
Please email Ms. Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) completed forms.
Health Assessment & Immunizations
that parents provide the school with a certified record of your child’s immunizations
and current physical exam (health assessment) on or before the first day of school.
If your child has not had the required shots and/or physical exam, or if you are not
sure, please contact your doctor/health care provider as soon as possible. You
may also contact the Mecklenburg Health Department for an immunization
appointment at 704-336-6500. More information and community locations for
immunizations and physical exams is available on the CMS website at
www.cms.k12.nc.us or call the school at 980-343-6550. Thank you for your
help with this important matter.
Need to Know Info...
School Hours- 7:45-2:45 (students may enter the building beginning at 7:15am)
Breakfast is provided beginning at 7:15. This is a free service to all students.
Families will receive information in the mail approximately 2 weeks before the beginning of school about:
Your Child’s Teacher
Open House Date and Time
School Supply List
Staggered Entry Date
Bus transportation is provided for all registered students.
Bus stops are assigned by the transportation department.
You will be notified of your child’s bus stop when you receive your back to school packet in August
Kindergarten students are closely monitored as they transition to and from the bus lot
CAR RIDER INFO:
The carpool line begins at 7:15 a.m.
Staff members monitor the carpool line.
Each family that utilizes car transportation receives a carpool name display. This can be picked up at our Back to School Night in August.
Students are dismissed at 2:45 p.m. for carpool.
Each child will have an Agenda that will go between home and school every day.
Weekly ConnectEd email newsletters
Facebook (Smithfield PTA):
School Website: http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/smithfieldES