All About Magnets
What are they?
- Magnets are pieces iron that attract other metals
- Temporary magnets are those which act like a permanent magnet when they are within a strong magnetic field.
- Permanent magnets are magnets that retain its magnet properties absence of an inducing field or current.
- Electromagnets are a soft metal core made into a magnet by the passage of electric current through a coil surrounding it.
- Superconductors are substances capable of becoming superconducting at sufficiently low tempatures.
What are magnets attracted to?
Did you know?
- There are magnets in computer screens and TVs.
- Joseph Black discovered magnets.
- Metal such as iron, nickel, cobalt are attracted to magnets.