Message from Mission Control
* Thank you SO much to those of you who have already volunteered to help out with UIL. We really appreciate you taking the time to help our kids be able to participate. Some of you even volunteered to come to both the Tuesday and Saturday UIL dates! Your flexibility and openness is very much appreciated and noticed. Thank you to Vicki for working with the students to create the banner for School Board Appreciation! She goes above and beyond each year, and I want to give her a big shout out for her help!
* Don't forget to remind students/parents that Friday is a 1/2 day, and there is no school on Monday. We will be following the early release schedule on Friday, and we will have a PRIDE Rally to showcase our PRIDE Posse members beginning at 10:00!
* Speaking of PRIDE Posse, please let me know how many students each grade level will have. Make sure to let those students know if they ARE members, so they will know they will participate when their grade level is called on Friday.
* Tomorrow, Tuesday, is our 2nd Vertical Council meeting for ELAR and Math. This means we will have quite a few subs in the building. Please remember to talk with your team about anything you want to discuss at the meeting, as we always have time for questions/concerns. Angela Kennedy and Carlynn Briley will be leading the ELAR meeting, and Courtney will be leading the math meeting. Please make sure you have checked email, so you know what to bring for the meeting tomorrow.
* Friday, you can have lunch on your own, and meet back on campus at 1:15. We will begin with a short meeting in the library. The remainder of the day should be spent with your teams planning, looking at data, working on the PDSA goals/changing out the boards, etc. I know Kg and 1st grade will be working to dissect the phonics kits we received and organized those. My expectation is that everyone is here until at least 3:20, which the end of contract time.
* I need some volunteers to participate in the PRIDE Rally on Friday. Volunteer, and you can receive a jeans pass and/or a free Sonic drink. The kids LOVE to compete against their teachers, so we need some volunteers to help make it a lot of fun.
* The clubs sign up list will be going out this week and will have the times to sign up for next week. You can use the excel document to see the different clubs for each grade level, so you can let the students' know the choices. They need to pick 2 or 3 in case they don't get their first choice. Some of them get full pretty quickly. Please encourage them to sign up for a different club than last time, and please only allow 3 people per classroom in each club. This helps keep the clubs from getting full so quickly.
* Bobby and I will be getting back into classrooms this week and try to finish our observations and walk throughs. Please always make sure to electronically sign your walk throughs/observations once they are complete. I know it's easy to forget without the paper in front of you! I do it ALL the time!
* Teachers, if you are interested in having a S'more account to send home these electronic newsletters, please let me now, The district has expanded it's account, so they are able to offer it to more teachers! All I will need to do is send Dr. Parker your name and email. Then, S'more will send you an email (check Clutter) and give you specific directions on how to set it up.
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
Cooperation- working together
DATES TO REMEMBER
Tuesday, January 9th:
ELAR Vertical Council Meeting (AM)
Math Vertical Council Meeting (PM)
LiiNK grade levels- Meeting at 3:30 @ Elkins!
Thursday, January 11th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Friday, January 12th:
Spirit Rally @ 10:00
Early Release @ 11:40
Monday, January 15th:
Thursday, January 18th:
Kori off campus
Friday, January 19th:
Report cards sent home
Tuesday, January 23rd:
Wednesday, January 24th:
PTA party bus (Big Kahuna winners) to Cici's (TBA)
Friday, January 26th: New Rotation
Clubs (Follow Clubs Schedule)
Tuesday, January 30th:
Benchmarks: 4th Writing & 5th Math
Wednesday, January 31st:
Benchmarks: 5th Reading
Thursday, February 1st:
Kori off campus at meeting