By:James fedash and Greyson smith
Cause of the disease?
Bacteria, salmonella typhi
How is the disease transmitted?
If you eat or drink something that has been handled by someone who has been shedding salmonella.
What are the symptoms of the disease?
Feeling weak,Rose colored spots,103 degrees to 104 degrees Fahrenheit,stomach pains,headaches,loss of appetite.
How is the disease treated?
This disease is treated with antibiotics such as Ciprofloxacin or Ceftriaxone
Ways you can prevent yourself from getting the disease?
- Ask for drinks without ice unless the ice is made from bottled or boiled water.
- Avoid popsicles and flavored ice that have been made with contaminated water.
- Eat foods that have been thoroughly cookedand are still hot and steaming.
- Get vaccinated (Ty21a)
4 interesting facts are...
- Wilbur Wright died of typhoid fever
- 21,000,000 cases and 200,000 deaths
- Typhoid fever is most common in non-industrialized countries
- About 10% of untreated patients may shed infectious bacteria in their stool up to 3 months after onset of symptoms and 2%-5% may become permanent shedders.
- Approximately 3%-5% of patients become carriers of the bacteria after the acute illness.
How Typhoid Fever Affects the Body -- The Doctors