MMA Montessori Moments
January 26, 2020
Message from our Director
Dear MMA Family,
Thank you parents and students for you ongoing support. I have been on morning carpool duty for a couple of weeks and I wanted to make sure that I understood the basics of drop off and pick up and I thought I would share them with you. Following are instructions that help us keep students and adults safe. Please review them and always be courteous if you are asked by teachers on duty to follow the procedures.
It is important that all families follow the directions of crossing guards and be models of grace and courtesy to the students.. We appreciate your patience and want you to know that the school has been working very closely with the North Ogden Police Department to establish our carpool and traffic patterns.
MMA Parking Lot Guidelines
- Please be patient and courteous toward MMA volunteers, staff, students, and other drivers.
- Stay in your vehicle at all times.
- Please pull all the way down until you are directed to stop. Please do not stop in front of the main doors to drop off your children.
- Refrain from mobile phone usage while driving on school grounds.
- Students will exit and enter from the RIGHT SIDE of the vehicle ONLY and at the CURB ONLY.
- Students must be picked up at dismissal or immediately following an after school program. Parents will be asked to meet with the school’s Director if students are frequently waiting for transportation for over 20 minutes.
- Be Aware: By law, all vehicle occupants must be secured in a seat belt. Children UNDER 8 must be in a car seat or booster BEFORE VEHICLE IS IN MOTION.
- When crossing the street or the parking lot, you must use a crosswalk
- If the doors are closed when you are dropping your student after the bell rings, you must come in and sign your student in.
We are very proud and value our positive relationship with North Shore. They are very generous in allowing us to use their parking lot. We ask that if you use the North Shore parking lot that you follow these guidelines.
- If you choose to pick up your child at North Shore, you must park in a parking stall.
- Do not park in the pull though area. This area is reserved for cars exiting the North Shore parking lot.
- When crossing the street to MMA, you must use a crosswalk.
- Be mindful to watch for children, they are not looking for you.
It's flu season!
Open Enrollment for 2020-2021 is now open!
Re-enrollment for current students
Chili Cook-off is this Thursday! Don't miss your chance to take part in our annual Chili Cook off!
Junior High Fees
Have a 4th grader? Make sure to get your free National Park Pass
Did you know that all 4th graders get a free National Park Pass? Make sure to get yours at https://www.uponarriving.com/4th-grade-national-park-pass/
Aden Householder, a 4th grader in Ms. Laura’s class, took this picture earlier this month at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. He was also able to bring the family to join at no cost.
Weather recess guidelines
Unless the weather is extreme, or the air quality poor, it is our policy that students will go outside each day. Even when it is raining and snowing. Please make sure your student is dressed for the weather and has access to a coat, waterproof boots, snow pants, gloves and a hat for daily recess.
Know a child that you think would thrive at MMA? Bring them to shadow your student on February 14 and Feel the Love!
Don't miss the WSU Storytelling Festival!
Messages from MAPA
Sports Club is currently full
Save the Date! Our 10th Annual Gala is coming soon!
30 Chili Cook-off, 5:30-7:00 pm
6 Science Fair
7 MAPA Meeting, 8:45 am
11-MMA Board Meeting, 5:30 pm
17 President's Day- No School
18-21 Hope Week
20 Redwoods Chaperone Meeting, 5:30 pm
21 MMA Family night at Classic Fun Center, 5-9:00 pm
24-28 Literacy Week
25 School wide Spelling Bee
27-MMA Literacy Night, 5:30-7:00 pm