P.S. 212Q Weekly Update
September 17, 2021
We had an amazing first week of school! We welcomed back 700 students!! Please give us grace with the lines, students need to get used to quickly entering the building. Please have your health screeners ready. The lines will move much faster by this week.
We will open the door on 82 Street at 7:45 am for grades 3, 4, and 5.
We will open the gate on 83 Street at 7:50 am for grade 2, 1, and K.
Second grade students will go into the yard and directly upstairs on Monday at 8:00 am.
First grade students will go into the yard and directly upstairs beginning Tuesday at 8:05 am.
Only Kindergarten and Pre-K will line up in the school yard or auditorium in inclement weather.
Thank you to all families for your patience and understanding.
Next week is our first full week of school:
- Monday, September 20th - First full day for Pre-K 8:10 am to 2:10 pm District 30 CEC Meeting - 6:30 pm Click here if you would like to register. First day of HANAC after school program. Please check with the program director, Ms. Tracy Boodram, on your application status: tbroodram@HANAC.org
- Wednesday, September 22nd - First day of the FALL season!
- Thursday, September 23rd – Virtual Meet the Teacher Evening
- 5:00 pm to 5:45 pm and 6:15 pm to 7:00 pm. Each teacher will have two presentations to accommodate working parents and families with siblings.
- Your child’s classroom teacher will send you a Zoom link via ClassTag, please look for this
- At this meeting, you will meet your child’s classroom teacher(s) and review curriculum and expectations for success.
- We will also post Zoom links for the special subject area teachers on our website.
Laura Miniero, Principal (IA)
-Students can also request other vegetarian options on the other days: Cheese Sandwich, Hummus Grab & Go, and and Peanut butter & Jelly.
-We do not serve HALAL meals, they are at P.S. 69.