Mrs. Ballard's Classroom Newsletter
What is children's literature? Why is it important for reading & writing?
How do students learn literature?
How can you help your student?
- Have them read! If students read more, they will read and write better.
- Help them find books they are interested in at the library.
- Read aloud to them (use expressions, hand gestures, facial expressions, silly voices).
- Help your student find a book club to get involved with.
- I want your student to always have an exciting book in their hands so help me to make sure they are bringing back their library books to get a new one on library day.
Types of literature
Helping All Kinds of Readers
Using Technology and Other Methods
http://www.storylineonline.net/ It's great to get your student to enjoy reading. Books written in other languages such as Spanish which are translated into English are FUN. Help your student find these books and have them read to you in both languages.