Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
WELCOME TO THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR, WOLVES!
Congratulations to Chandler High’s 2016 AP (Advanced Placement) Scholars! 120 Wolves earned Scholar distinction and averaged 3.57 on AP Exams taken last May. Excellent work!
- Sixty-two students were named AP Scholars, sitting for three or more AP Exams and scoring a 3 or higher.
- Sixteen students earned AP Scholar with Honor titles for receiving an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams.
- Forty-two students were named AP Scholars with Distinction for receiving an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams.
- Six students were named National AP Scholars for receiving an average score of at least 4 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 4 or higher on eight or more of these exams.
Way to go, CHS Spiritline! Both Pom and Cheer were Camp Champs bringing home 7 trophies and all blue ribbon awards!
If you are interested in joining the CHS Spiritline for cheer, dance, or mascot, please attend the Parent Informational Meeting on July 28th at 5:30pm in the CTE Lecture Hall. Tryouts will be on August 8-11th. Hope to see you there!
NATIONAL CHAMPION WRESTLER
Congratulations to Jason Holmes, CHS Senior, for winning the Freestyle Wrestling National Tournament and taking 3rd in Greco-Roman Nationals this past week in Fargo, ND.
THIS WEEK’S EVENTS
- Friday, 7/29- Freshman Meeting/Planner Distribution through World History/Geo Classes
- Friday, 7/29 from 2:20-4:00- Freshman Pool Party (see info below)
FRESHMAN ORIENTATION RECAP
Link Crew, a spirited group of CHS Juniors and Seniors, hosted over 650 freshmen last Friday for Freshman Orientation. Link Crew led the Class of 2020 through a number of activities, acclimating them to the campus and CHS culture. It was an awesome event! Thanks to Link Crew and CHS LINK Coordinators, Mr. Mike Gray, Mrs. Heather Dyke, Mrs. Linda Thomas, Mrs. Jessica Peacock, Mr. Andrew Valuikas, Mrs. Teryl Kalanowski, and Mrs. Heather Walterson, who work closely with the group!
FRESHMAN POOL PARTY THIS FRIDAY
OPEN HOUSE- AUGUST 4TH
CHS will host Parents’ Open House on Thursday, August 4th beginning at 6:00pm. Please plan on attending the Opening Meeting in the CCA to meet administrators and counselors and hear an overview of the numerous programs CHS has to offer. From 6:30-8:00pm, parents are invited to visit their children’s classrooms as well as displays in the 100 and 500 building hallways.
ASU SUSTAINABILITY SCHOOL AT CHS
CHS is proud to partner with Arizona State University to offer students an opportunity to earn three college credits through ASU while attending CHS. An informational meeting will be held on July 28th @ 6:00pm in CHS room 601.
IB-MYP REGISTRATION AND PARENT NIGHT
IB-MYP registration is now open to 9th grade students in at least one honors class and a World Language. Please plan on attending a Parent Information Night about the IB program in the CHS Media Center on Tuesday, August 9th at 6:00pm.
Contact Mrs. Bender with any questions at email@example.com
CAREER CENTER NEWS
Welcome to Dr. Luisa Bonillas, CHS’s new College and Career Center Specialist. She received her Bachelor’s degree from Wellesley College and her Ph.D. in History from Arizona State University. Both of her children are Wolves: one from the class of 2014 and one from the class of 2019. Dr. Bonillas looks forward to working with CHS families to help students find the right fit for their future! Please feel free to come by the Career Center to introduce yourself.
Tutor House Tutoring Services is offering Juniors and Seniors a Free Full Length SAT or ACT Practice Test on Saturday, July 30th, 2016. Sign up at www.TutorHouseAZ.com. Space is limited.
Similar Free Practice Test opportunities from other organizations will be available later in the quarter.
Sharpen your pencils and your skills! PSAT 9 & PSAT/NMSQT exam registration will open in August. What to know more about PSAT 9 and PSAT/NMSQT? Visit CollegeBoard.com. Watch for additional info coming soon!
FRY’S COMMUNITY REWARDS
Participants may begin re-enrolling in the 2016-2017 Fry’s Community Rewards on August 1st. Please follow the process below and help CHS earn over $2000 for Student Council/Student Activities. We did it last year! Thanks for your support!
- Go to www.FrysCommunityRewards.com
- Click on “Sign-In”
- Enter your email and password, and click “sign in”.
- Click on your name (top right hand corner), and under “Account Summary, scroll down to “Community Rewards”
- Click on “Edit” under Community Rewards
- Under Find Your Organization, Enter 80154 or Chandler High School and select “search”
- Under “Select Your Organization,” click on the circle next to CHS.
- Click on “Enroll”
If you have re-enrolled correctly, you should see a green box saying your enrollment has been updated.
HELP CHS win $300 to $3,000! Shop, dine or watch a movie at Chandler Fashion Center and the Boulevard Shops, May 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017, and CHS will earn 5 points per dollar spent.
Earn TRIPLE points during July, just in time for back to school! That’s 15 points per dollar at the participating stores below:
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Apple Store
- Barnes and Noble
- The Children's Place
- Crazy 8
- Finish Line
- Forever 21
- Free People
- Hollister Co
- Industrial Ride Shop
- Lucky Brand
- Microsoft Store
- Victoria's Secret
It’s EASY to support our school when you log receipts at the Chandler Fashion Center Guest Services across from Barnes & Noble or the Management Office located in the food court. You can also drop off receipts to Mrs. Baum in the CHS front office.