1st Grade at Bear Creek Elementary
Week 25: March 22-26, 2021
Happy Monday back families!
Both classes are so excited to be welcoming new student to our classroom communities!
- April 2nd is a student holiday/staff development day.
- April 9th will be a regular day of instruction.
Our learning goals for the week:
This week we are introducing time on an analog clock. Students may find this challenging. We ask for your support on the telling time element at home for extra practice.
We are also doing more independent reading at school. If you can get your child into a reading routine at home, that'd help us tremendously!
- We will read a clock to the hour and half an hour.
- We will read words with r-controlled vowel ar and two-syllable words: VCCV pattern.
- We spell and write words with r-controlled vowel ar.
- We will read and write with high frequency words: brown, few, funny, myself, new, once, thank, words.
- We will segment and count phonemes in words.
- We will begin to gather information and investigate the characteristics of animals.
- We will explore measuring objects with differing sized units of measurement.
- We will read about foods from different geographic locations.
Our grade level schedule is pictured below.
Please remember, we're always available to communicate through email or Zoom to answer any questions you may have. :)
We thank you for your patience this school year.
- The First Grade Team
Miss Barbosa: email@example.com
Mrs. Preston: firstname.lastname@example.org