The Gayman Gazette
What's Happening in and Around Gayman Elementary School?
May 24, 2013
Upcoming Important Dates
- Monday, May 27th – No School - Memorial Day Holiday
- Tuesday, May 28th – Evacuation Drill to Tohickon
- Thursday, May 30th – Band & String Concert at Tohickon
- Saturday, June 1st – Gayman 5K Fitness Run/1-Mile Fun Run
- Thursday, June 6th – 6th Grade Club Event
- Friday, June 7th – Field Day
- Thursday, June 13th - End of Year Home & School Picnic
- Tuesday, June 18th – 6th Grade Promotion at Tohickon
- Wednesday, June 19th – Early Dismissal at 11:55 AM; No AM Kindergarten; PM Kindergarten Reports – Last Day of School
Evacuation Drill to Tohickon Middle School
On Tuesday, May 28th Gayman will be practicing an evacuation drill to Tohickon Middle School. The students will be escorted by staff beginning at 8:45 AM. The Plumstead Township Police will assist with students crossing Point Pleasant Pike during the course of the drill. In the event of rain the drill will be cancelled.
Friday, May 24th, Morning Newscast
Friday, May 17th, Morning Newscast
Pirate Day Hits Kindergarten!
Gayman's Year-End Picnic Is Fast Approaching!!
The Family Fun Night Committee is pleased to announce the Year-End Picnic!
When: Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. (rain or shine)
Where: Gayman Elementary School Playground
What: Hot dogs, chips, and beverages will be supplied
Please click here to access the registration form (To be returned to the school office by Friday, June 7, 2013)
Safeguarding Kids' Online Activities
The Internet is a great resource used by many of our children. As parents we need to monitor their online activities to prevent cyber bullying, inappropriate content and gaming.
For further details please click here.
Take Me Out To The Ball Game!
If you love baseball or simply want to have a wonderful night out with your family, please join the Family Fun Night Committee on Saturday, June 29th to see the IronPigs take on the Toledo Mud Hens!
For complete details please click here.
Year-End Library and Cafeteria Accounts
As we approach the end of the school year we are requesting all outstanding library books be returned as soon as possible, along with eliminating negative lunch account balances by June 5th.
Students with outstanding library book(s) or negative lunch account balances will not be permitted to participate in Field Day on Friday, June 7th.