Chemistry Of LIFE ! <3
Ajaaaaa & Kamiyahh
- Cohesion- An attraction between substance of the same kind.
- Adhesion- An attraction between different substances.
- The Polarity of water enables many substances to dissolve in water.
- PH : All solutions have a PH value between 0 and 14. A solution with a PH value of 5 for example has 10 times as many hydrogen ions, as one with PH value of 6.
- A molecule containing a very large number of atoms.
- Protein and nucleic acids are examples of Macromolecules.
- DNA, RNA, ATP are example of nucleic acids.
- A protein is a large molecule formed by linked smaller molecules named amino acids.
- Amino Acids are the building blocks of proteins.
- Proteins tend to fold into compact shapes determined by how the protein amino acids interact with water and one another.
- Some proteins are enzymes and promote chemical reactions.
- Are Nonpolar molecules that are not soluble or mostly insoluble in water.
- Includes fats, phospholipids, steroids, and waxes.
- Lipids are an important part of the structure and function of the cell membrane.
- Fats are lipids that store energy.
- All cells contain nucleic acids.
- Nucleic acids are a long chain of smaller molecules named nucleotide.
- DNA and RNA are types of nucleotides.
- a nucleotide has three parts ; a sugar, a base, and phosphate group