Corbell Connection #4
September 19-23, 2016
Don't forget! Teacher Self Assessment and Goal Setting form is due September 27, 2016.
Bus Evacuation Drill that was scheduled for 9/22/16 has been canceled. You will be emailed a link to a video to show to your students.
- Literacy scores are due in AWARE by September 30th. Please let me know if you need assistance completing your assessments! I am happy to help!
- MSTAR and ESTAR windows are open for 2nd-5th grades. All 5th grade students will take MSTAR. Only 1 class for grades 2-4 will need to do the Fall assessment window, since this will be their first time taking it.
- Thank you for giving up a planning time to meet with Jamie Flemmer about STEMscopes! Y'all are truly embracing a growth mindset!
- To assist with getting kids on STEMscopes at home a parent letter has been created that you can use as a template. You can find the template in the Corbell Google folder or use this link https://docs.google.com/a/friscoisd.org/document/d/1fhpG2G9qbGijEAcDLp6iiKoaaeLXcshx0eXZ-TRRBUk/edit?usp=sharing
What's Going On?
September 19th- Goal setting conferences; 504 meeting @ 8:30 am; 3rd grade collaborative @ 2 pm; SST (4th grade) @ 3:30 pm. College Week begins!
September 20th- Goal setting conferences; 504 @10:10 am; 2nd grade collaborative @ 2 pm.
September 21st-Screenings for K, 1st, 3rd, & 5th beginning @ 8 am; 1st grade collaborative @ 2 pm; Faculty meeting @ 3 pm.
September 21-22-Olweus Training for Conley and 4 teacher representatives
September 22nd- Goal setting conferences; Kinder collaborative @ 2 pm
September 23rd-Grades are due for progress reports; Coffee w/the Counselor @8:15 am; Accountability Training (AM-Youngblood & Esquibel & PM-Conley); ARD @ 9:25 am; 5th grade collaborative @ 2 pm
September 26th- Goal setting conferences; 4th grade collaborative
September 27th- 3rd grade collaborative; whole child meeting @ 3 pm
September 28th- 2nd grade collaborative
September 29th-1st grade collaborative; AP Meeting in AM; PTA mtg & 4th grade performance @ 6pm
September 30th-Celebrate Corbell @ 2:10 pm
COLLEGE WEEK IS HERE!!!!
- If you find the time, please talk with your class about where you went to college and why we go to college and maybe some other fun facts about college. Encourage your students to talk to their parents about where they went to college as well!
- Door Decorating Contest-Voting ballots (they are neon orange) are in your box. please full in one name for each pod and get the ballot back to me by Wednesday. Winners will be announced Thursday!
- Dress up days! (Jeans can be worn Tuesday- Friday if you participate)
Tuesday- Stepping up to higher education- Wear silly socks.
Wednesday- Our future is bright- Wear bright clothes and sunglasses.
Thursday- Future college star!- Wear your college gear!
Friday- College success starts at Corbell- Wear Corbell shirt or Corbell colors.
Let's gets these kids excited about higher education!