Ms. Starr's Class News Jan. 11-15
What's Happening in 3rd Grade
Important Days to Remember
Jan. 11-15: Change for Charities Fundraiser
Bahama Bucks Spirit Night: 3:30-6:30
21 day Challenge On-line sign-up at www.kids-teaching-kids.com(Only parents can sign children up using parent email) begins
Jan. 13: Mooyah Spirit Night: 5:30-8:00
Jan. 15: End of 2nd 9 Weeks
Early Release- 12:30
Spirit Day: 70's Day
Jan. 18: No School- Holiday
Jan. 19-22: SchoolA Donations
Jan. 19: Beginning of 3rd 9 Weeks
Jan. 22: Spirit Day: HVE shirt
Report Cards Available
Rock Star Student Presentation
Jan. 25-29: Change for Charities Fundraiser
Jan. 25: 21 Day Challenge Begins
Jan. 29: Spirit Day: Disney Day
Learning Ahead: Jan. 11-15
Science: We will continue our unit on forms of energy.
Reading/Social Studies: Journey's Story----Jump, fact and opinion, poetry
Math: We will continue our multiplication unit and begin simple division. This is just the inverse of our multiplication facts.
- Our schedule will be altered on Friday due to early release. Our specials will be at 10:00 and lunch will be held from 11:00-11:30. Also sack lunches will be served on this day. It will include turkey sandwich, apple, mixed veggies, and a milk.
- SchoolA- Clothing donations will be taking place from Jan. 19-22nd for the Schoola PTA fundraiser. Your students will go home with a flyer along with a sticker. If you have clean, gently used items, they can bag them up and place the sticker on the bag. The student may drop them off in the yellow Schoola bin located in the front of the school between 7:50am – 3:30pm through out the week.
- CHANGE FOR CHARITIES! Jan. 25 – 29 we will be collecting loose change to help ensure all Hebron Valley students and other children in North Texas have healthy food to eat. Money collected will go to our campus Angel Fund and to the North Texas Food Bank which supplies backpacks of healthy food to hundreds of students in LISD. A full tummy makes kids healthier, happier and better learners.
21 Day Challenge: 21 Day Challenge Lewisville ISD vs. Frisco ISD ….let the ‘snack’ talk begin!!! The overall goal of this event is to educate our students about good nutritional choices and better eating habits. On Jan. 11th @ 12:01 a.m. through Jan. 24th @11:59 p.m.parents can sign their students up at www.kids-teaching-kids.com Jan. 25th - Feb. 14th is the 21 Day Challenge! Give students reminders about making healthy snack choices. On Feb. 29th @ 12:01 a.m. through March 6th @ 11:59 p.m. be on the lookout for an email from MCCH that links to a short survey required to complete the challenge. Finish Strong!
- Yearbooks are for sale. Order today at www.smart-pay.com for $20.
Six Flags Reading Forms are due back on Feb. 11
- Give HVE a helping hand and join the PTA today! It’s easy to become a member, just go to www.JoinPTA.org and register online.