Lodi TK-8 Newsletter
December 2, 2022
Mark Your Calendar
- December 5: TK-5 Painting Class
- December 12: K-5 Winter Party (see flyer below)
- December 14: Winter fest (see flyer below)
- December 15: Middle School Winter Party (grades 6-8) (see flyer below)
- December 21: Last day of Semester
- December 22 - January 9th: Winter Break
- February 27: Parent Educator Workshop - Beyond LOL & OMG
- March 27: Parent Educator Workshop - Navigating stress & anxiety
- May 23: Parent Educator Workshop - New VOCS Families
TK - 5 Painting Class
K-5 Winter Party
Middle School Winter Party
Parent Educator Workshops
This Week on Outschool
Nov 28-Dec 4
Here's your learner schedule for the week.
Got time for new lessons? Here are some suggestions for Jordan, or see all available classes this week.
Monday, Nov 28
- Private Flute Lessons by Seed and Stem Learning Center. Ages 3-18
- Our Solar System: Hands on Science! by Meghan Jones, M. Ed.. Ages 3-6
Tuesday, Nov 29
- Cool Ocean Animals: The Jellyfish by Mary Jane Newman. Ages 4-6
- Art Workshop for Prek and Kindergarten: Learn to Draw Animals and Much More! by Miss Harvey M. Ed. Veteran Teacher 15 years +. Ages 3-7
- 1:1 Tutoring-Reading for Grades K-2 by Ms.Sanjurjo. Ages 5-8
- Ready to Read: Fun with Phonics (2x Week) by Katie Achter, M.A. & TESOL. Ages 5-9
Wednesday, Nov 30
- Art & Exercise Winter Workshop: Watercolor Mountain Scene & Kickboxing Climb (4-7) by Ready Set Fitness by Miss Shannon- Let's Exercise!. Ages 4-7
- Numbers 11 to 19 (Colored Beads and Teen Boards) - Montessori Math by World Montessori Academy. Ages 3-6
- Creative Writing Level 1: Story Starters for Pre-Writers! (Ages 3-6) by Mary Gullett. Ages 3-6
- Waldorf Private Reading Course: Beginning Readers by Jodi Michelle, B.S. Psychology, TESOL, TOEFL. Ages 5-6
Thursday, Dec 1
- One on One Tutoring for Foundational Math Skills Once a Week by Ms. Katelynn, M.Ed (Reading and Math Tutoring). Ages 5-9
- Pre K Readiness With Ms. Shannon by Ms. Shannon. Ages 3-5
- ESL Made Easy: Private English Tutoring With an Experienced Teacher by Amber Seats, Masters in Education, TESOL Certified. Ages 3-12
- Human Body Parts; Learn About Interesting Body Parts, Create Coordinating Craft by Kirstin Hallden Teacher & TESOL Certified. Ages 4-7
Friday, Dec 2
- Rabbit Club Junior by Mrs Aubrey. Ages 3-8
- Awesome Animals Science Club by Kimberly Cowan, BA Elementary Ed, Science Teacher. Ages 4-8
Saturday, Dec 3
- Ballerina Breaktime: Stories, Color, Share, and Talk about Dance by Kirsten Fairbanks. Ages 5-8
Sunday, Dec 4
- Fun and Easy! Beginner Drawing and Painting - Watercolor Happy Polar Bear by Mrs. Beckstead. Ages 5-8
- Fun Christmas Jumper Party With Teacher Vicki! by Vicki BA (Hons) In Primary Education QTS TESOL. Ages 3-8
- ASL Animal Safari Movement Adventure! Tigers Elephants Giraffes + More! Ages 3-8 by Teacher Kayla (B.A. Childhood Studies, cert. ASL ). Ages 4-9
- Holiday Game Day Bingo and Kahoot With Ms. Abby by Teacher Abby. Ages 4-8
Opt in for School Text Messages!
updated school Covid guidelines
Did your Vista Oaks student test positive for Covid?
Regardless of vaccination status, symptoms, or previous infection, your child needs to stay home for at least 5 days after the start of symptoms or after the day of the positive test.
After 5 Days with Symptoms:
Does your child have a negative test AND symptoms are improving? If so, they can return to school.
If they are still testing positive they can come back to school after day 10 if they have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
No Symptoms, but Positive Test:
If your child is testing positive without symptoms, they may return after 5 days have passed since the date of the positive test AND a negative test is completed.
Did your child not take a test or are you choosing not to test?
Your child can come back to school after day 10 if they have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
Was your child exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid?
They can continue coming on campus with the following requirements. Your child should take a Covid test 3-5 days after exposure and wearing a mask indoors for 10 days post exposure is highly encouraged.
Is your child at school with Covid symptoms?
If a child comes to school with symptoms they will be sent home.
Vista Oaks follows guidance from the California Department of Public Health. Their guidelines can be found here. Please note, symptomatic students, teachers, and staff must quarantine at home regardless of vaccination status, symptoms, or previous infection. Testing is highly recommended.
22-23 Onsite schedule
LIKE OUR NEW FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM PAGES
We will be posing important dates to our social media pages. Like to follow us.
2022 - 2023 school calendar
Speak Up for Safety!
We want our students to feel comfortable sharing concerns with us directly, but having an anonymous option is really helpful for some! We have a safety line in place for this.
STUDENTS CAN EASILY AND CONFIDENTIALLY REPORT THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS:
- PEERS IN CRISIS
- PLANNED FIGHTS
- THREATS OF VIOLENCE
- OTHER URGENT SITUATIONS
JUST EMAIL, CALL OR TEXT