Thursday, December 20, 2018
Early Dismissal at Noon on Thursday, December 20!
Our learners will be dismissed from school at noon on Thursday, December 20.
There is no Extended Care available that day. As a result, if your child normally reports to Extended Care at the end of the school day, please be certain to update School Dismissal Manager to indicate that your child will be going home by car, bus, walking, or bike at noon on December 20. School Dismissal Manager can be updated any time between now and 10 am on Thursday, December 20.
All of the staff of Lakeway Elementary wishes you all a safe and happy holiday season. We'll look forward to seeing everyone again at 7:40 am on Tuesday, January 8, 2019.
12/19/2018............5th Grade Musical
12/20/18................Early Release @ Noon Today! No Extended Care Today!
12/20/18................Unclaimed Lost & Found Items to be Donated
12/21 - 1/7/19.......Students' Winter Break - Happy Holidays!
01/01 - 01/01/19...School Board Recognition Month
1/6/2018..............Mix and Mingle PTO
01/08/19...............Students Return to School @ 7:40 am
01/09/19................Campus Spelling Bee
01/10/19................Campus Geo Bee
01/16/19................STEM night at the HS
01/21/19...............No School Today! Student & Staff Holiday!
Want to get the PERFECT Christmas present? Buy a yearbook.
This year, Lakeway Elementary School is selling a TreeRing yearbook! Here are three reasons we chose TreeRing:
* Custom Yearbooks: Every student gets a one of a kind printed copy containing two free pages to customize with personal photos.
* Green Yearbooks: TreeRing plants a tree in our school’s name when you purchase a book and prints on recycled paper.
* Beautiful Yearbooks: All yearbooks are gorgeously printed in full color using the highest end print production available.
YOU CAN PURCHASE AND PERSONALIZE YOUR Lakeway Elementary School YEARBOOK BY CLICKING HERE:
A few important facts:
* Your personalized yearbook only costs $30.00.
* You’ll need to purchase your copy and complete your free personal pages by March 15.
* Last day to purchase for guaranteed school delivery is April 10th
* Your 2 free custom pages are optional, if you don’t customize you’ll receive a standard yearbook.
Get started by clicking on this link:
Traci McClead, Matt Godsey
and the Entire Yearbook Team
Please be sure to use our School Dismissal Manager system to change any and all end of day transportation changes.
Return to School Protocol
We want your child at school every day, However, we do understand that everyone gets ill from time to time. Please follow the return to school protocol below when students who are Ill return to school.
Students may return to school following an illness:
1. When they have been fever-free for 24 hours WITHOUT the use of medications like acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin)
2. When they have been on antibiotics (if prescribed) for a full 24 hours (typically 3 doses of medication, but depends on what the antibiotic is)
3. When they have been vomit-free AND diarrhea-free for a full 24 hours WITHOUT the use of medications like Pepto, Imodium, Emetrol, Zofran, etc.
Brrrrrr! It's cold, and we may have all of your coats!
Our Lost & Found is running over with all manner of lovely sweaters, sweatshirts, and coats. We also have lots of water bottles, lunch boxes, and even eyeglasses.
If you are missing any of your worldly goods, please stop by and check our Lost & Found. It could well be that your missing items are here.
And, speaking of cold, our clinic needs new or gently used leggings, shorts, and pants
Accidents happen! And, sometimes students need warm, dry clothing to finish out their school day.
Nurse Shotwell, as the keeper of the wardrobe, has reported a need for small, medium and large girls' leggings. He also needs, for boys and/or girls, small, medium, and large athletic shorts and pants. And finally, any long sleeve shirts or weather type winter clothing would also be welcomed.
We would appreciate your keeping Nurse Shotwell's needs in mind if you have gently used clothing that your children no longer need. Many thanks!
How do I sign Up for WATCH DOGS?
We welcome a full day of service from our WATCH DOGS, but we understand that for some of our parents it may be to challenging to commit to an entire day. You are welcome to come for a partial day or whatever works best for your schedule. Our sign up process is online. Please go to our sign up page at SignUp.com.