Week of October 17th
Only you can control your future. Dr. Seuss
Upcoming Events & Reminders
Nationwide: Thursday, October 20, 2016 Earthquake Drill @ 10:20.
Class Group Pictures will be on October 20th.
Vision Screening for all Third Grade Students on Friday, October 21st.
GQES Fall Festival - Oct. 28
Save the Date! This year's GQES Fall Festival will be held from 5-8 pm on Fri., Oct. 28. There will be food, fun and games for all! Third grade is seeking parent volunteers to help us run two games. Please contact your child's teacher if you would be willing to volunteer for 1-hour shift during the event (5-6 pm, 6-7 pm, 7-8 pm). This is our largest PTA fundraiser of the year!
1) Charge iPads fully, to 100%, each night.
2) Bring iPads back to school each day.
3) Do not take iPad out of the case.
4) No food or liquids around the iPad.
5) If the iPad needs troubleshooting, please wait until returning to school for help.
6) Bring earbuds or Headphones daily.
What we're learning
3MD1. Tell and write time to the nearest minute and measure time intervals in minutes.
"I Can" Statement:
I can tell time to the minute.
What will we learn? We will continue identifying time to the nearest minute such as 3:32, and begin questioning such as: If it is 2:30, what time will it be five minutes later?
T.1 - T.5
Check out these great videos!
RL3.4, RI3.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, distinguishing literal from nonliteral language.--starting Thursday
"I Can" Statement:
I can identify and use adjectives in writing.
I can identify the meaning of an unknown word using different strategies.
What will we learn? We will continue determining the meaning of words and phrases as used in text.
See example below.
C O N T A C T
- Mrs. Eury: email@example.com
- Phone - 704-279-2154 (Extension 356412)
- Miss. Phillips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone - 704-279-2154 (Extension 356411)
- Mrs. Gray: email@example.com
- Phone - 704-279-2154 (Extension 356410)
- Ms. Cuthbertson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone - 704-279-2154 (Extension 356409)
- Ms. Corl: email@example.com
- Phone - 704-279-2154 (Extension 356408)