Welcome to the County of Guilford
Home to the city of Greensboro
The city of Greensboro and the county of Guiliford have many colleges. The universities and colleges in Greensboro consist of Bennett College, Elon University School of Law, Greensboro College, Guilford College, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and Carolina Graduate School of Divinity. Greensboro and the surrounding county is served by Guilford Technical Community College.
- Our total population is around 488,500
- Our county is part of the triad metropolitan of NC
- We have two county courts making us one of the only counties in NC to have two court systems
- Our county got our name from Francis North 1st Earl of Greensboro
- Our County was founded in December 5, 1770
- Our county seat is in Greensboro
What we are known for
We are known for our largest dwelling of Greensboro. You can come shop in our markets and for our important local businesses. We have many colleges that can be visited.