FAC Weekly Update
March 13, 2020
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
I hope that you had a wonderful week! Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
"People who blame others for their failures never overcome them. They move from problem to problem, and as a result, they never experience success. To reach your potential, you must continually improve yourself, and you can't do that if you don't take responsibility for your actions and learn from your mistakes."
- John C. Maxwell, "The Maxwell Daily Reader," page 97 (March 29).
Update on FAC Events
The Joe Davidian Trio has opted to reschedule their concert and masterclass performance for the fall. Unfortunately, a number of performance venues on their album release tour have canceled their engagements. They would like to visit the FAC when their tour schedule and travel arrangements are more stable. We understand their position and look forward to hosting them in the future.
As of right now, all other upcoming performances are on and we are looking forward to supporting our students at these events. Should anything change, I will most certainly reach out with additional communications.
Congratulations - Piccolo Spoleto Rising Stars Festival!
FAC Visual Arts
FAC Voice Studio
- Isabella Barredo
- Lexi Howard
- Lura Zimmerman
FAC Strings Chamber Music Studio
The Palissandro Quartet
- Julia Rhyne
- Ben Rawlinson
- Phil Rawlinson
- Will Rawlinson
We will send out performance dates and times when they become available.
New Options for Event Tickets!
The FAC pARTners are excited to present our event attendees with additional options for purchasing tickets. Based on the feedback we have received, we will be initiating the following ticket purchasing options - note that for now, only options 1 and 3 are available. On-site credit card payments are coming soon!
- Option 1 – pay by cash or check on the evening of the event
- No additional fees, just as we have always done
- Option 2 – pay by credit card on the evening of the event (COMING SOON)
- An additional processing fee will be added
- $3 student ticket will cost $3.20 if using a credit card
- $5 adult ticket will cost $5.25 if using a credit card
- $10 ticket to special events will cost $10.40 if using a credit card
- Option 3 – purchase tickets in advance online through Ticketleap - https://bit.ly/38L3FZZ - ACTIVE NOW
- An additional processing fee will be added
- $3 student ticket will cost $3.35 if purchasing online
- $5 adult ticket will cost $5.45 if purchasing online
- $10 ticket to special events will cost $11.55 if purchasing online
We hope that you find these added options to be convenient. All ticket proceeds go directly to the school programs, allowing the FAC to offset the cost “above and beyond” experiences such as field trips, guest artists, and masterclasses.
STUDENTS - Check Out This Great Concert Opportunity!
World-renowned guitarist and singer John Pizzarelli and Grammy® Award-winning artist Catherine Russell are coming to the Peace Center on Thursday, March 19, for a night of jazz! This performance will pay homage to Nat King Cole and the iconic singers featured on his historic television show like Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee and Dinah Washington and more.
The Peace Center is excited to extend a special $10 ticket offer to our area students! Students can secure these tickets by using code PCSTUDENT online, at the Box Office, or over the phone (846.467.3000). For ease, they have created a link where folks can purchase tickets with the code already applied: (click here).
We STILL Need Your Help!
Parents - please help us sell tickets at events. There are events on the list that have no one signed up, and therefore the students will not benefit from ticket proceeds. These proceeds are used for amazing guest artist and field trip experiences - part of what makes attending the FAC special. Selling tickets is an hour-long commitment, but the benefits to our students are lasting!
Click on the following link to access the Sign Up Genius - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e45ada82daafc1-2020.
Join the Greenville County Schools in our Salute to Education!
Summer Arts Intensive Programs - Financial Assistance
The Fine Arts Center has set aside some funds to assist students who are applying to summer arts intensive programs. Please note the following guidelines:
- Any student applying for financial assistance must attend the Fine Arts Center for the 2020-2021 School Year.
- Applicants must complete the Google Form linked below. All applications must come with proof of acceptance into the summer intensive program(s), or proof of application if acceptance is pending.
- Selection criteria are as follows
- Financial Need as determined by a pupil's P.I.P. status. The Pupils in Poverty indicator is accessible to us via PowerSchool.
- Merit, based on Grade Point Average and Teacher Input
- Any special circumstances that are causing financial hardship to the family
The Google Form can be accessed here - https://forms.gle/SuQyN5a47ZAn7hhM9. Note that the form can be accessed by students only, via their GCS Google Account. Forms are due on Thursday, April 9, 2020.
Please feel free to contact our Main Office at (864) 355-2550 or email:
Ms. Erin Poole - Secretary to the Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Your Calendar for "The Momentum Series"
Please join us for this wonderful event, and please spread the word to your Greenville neighbors!
Please spread the word to your Greenville friends and family about our concerts, events, and performances!
Click HERE to purchase tickets online, or simply pay by cash/check at the door!
- March 17: Strings Chamber Music Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- April 1: Brass/Winds/Percussion Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- April 3: FAC Generation to Generation Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- April 8: Jazz Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- April 10 - April 19: Spring Break
- April 20: The Momentum Series, presented by the FAC Creative Writing Studio; 7-9 p.m., M. Judson Bookstore
- April 21: Strings Chamber Music, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- April 22: Jazz All-Stars at the Peace Center - Tickets HERE
- April 28: Theatre Spring Performances, 7:00 p.m., Black Box Theatre
- April 28: Jazz Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- April 29: Jazz Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
Community Performances Featuring FAC Students
- Logos Theatre - A Peep Behind the Scenes - March 6 - April 25. https://thelogostheatre.com/
- Greer Children's Theatre - Frozen Jr. - March 6-8 & 13-15, 2020 - http://www.cityofgreer.org/827/Greer-Childrens-Theatre
- SC Children's Theatre - Curious George: The Golden Meatball - April 25 - May 3 - https://scchildrenstheatre.org/shop/curious-george-the-golden-meatball/
- Greenville Theatre - The Producers - June 5 - 28 - https://www.greenvilletheatre.org/2019-2020
- Milltown Players - The Music Man - July 24 - August 8 - http://www.milltownplayers.org/currentseason
GLOW Lyric Theatre Concerts - Featuring FAC Faculty and Students
Glow Lyric Theatre will produce The Earth Has Music, a one-act original piece featuring opera, dance and spoken word at the Fine Arts Center in Greenville, South Carolina on March 13 & 14th, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. In this production, mosaics of music, movement and spoken word touch on the delicate and contentious relationship between humans and planet Earth. Tickets are available online at https://glowlyric.com/raising-voices-series/ or by phone: (864) 558-4569.
Tickets are $25, however, we can offer free admission to students who commit to attending. Students must stop by the main office to inform Mr. Popat of their intention to attend.